I need time to recover: Dimpy GangulyJuly 30th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 30 (IANS) Surfacing for the first time after the news of her being allegedly abused by her husband Rahul Mahajan, Dimpy Ganguly told reporters Friday that she needs time to recover and wants to be left alone.
Talking to reporters briefly, Ganguly said: “Rahul and I just had a conversation and he sincerely regrets what happened.
“We are both very upset and I am extremely hurt. I need time to think about this and recover from whatever has happened. Till that time, I want to be left alone,” she added.
Ganguly reportedly had stayed with Poonam Mahajan, Rahul’s sister, after alleged physical abuse by her husband. She has now returned to Rahul’s residence.
Ganguly had left Rahul’s place after the spat at around 4 a.m. Thursday.
This is the second time Rahul has been accused of domestic violence. Earlier, his first wife and childhood friend Shweta Singh had accused him of physically abusing her. They separated in 2008. In 2006, Rahul was arrested on charges of drug abuse.
In an interview to a Mumbai tabloid, Dimpy alleged that Rahul beat her up regularly and also pointed a gun to her head in one of their fights.
Friends, relatives and close associates said the couple along with family members were trying to resolve the issue.
“I have known Rahul to be a sober and thoughtful individual. There might have been some difference of opinion between the couple, but I am sure it can be resolved through a mature discussion,” said Prakash Mahajan, Rahul’s uncle.
Rahul remained unavailable for his reaction despite repeated attempts.
- He punched, kicked and dragged me: Rahul Mahajan's wife: (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Rahul Mahajan's wife alleges assault, NCW to probe if she complains (Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- 'I am very upset and hurt', says Dimpy Mahajan - Jul 30, 2010
- Dimpy Leaves Abusive Hubby Rahul - Jul 31, 2010
- Will take action if Rahul Mahajan's wife complains: Minister - Jul 30, 2010
- I can't wait to have children: Rahul Mahajan - Apr 30, 2010
- I had a miscarriage, fine now: Dimpy Mahajan - Feb 10, 2012
- I'll be dumbfounded on meeting SRK: Dimpy Ganguly - Jan 19, 2011
- Rahul Mahajan back on TV to host 'Perfect Bachelor' - Nov 29, 2011
- Dimpy's Emotional Atyachar on Rahul rigged? - Apr 30, 2010
- Dimpy Mahajan To Appear In A Special Episode Of 'Meethi Choori No1' - Aug 13, 2010
- Politicians not paid enough: Rahul Mahajan - Mar 07, 2010
- Has Shweta Tiwari Tied The Knot With Abhinav Kohli? - Jan 31, 2011
- New Mrs. Rahul Mahajan wants him in politics (Lead) - Mar 07, 2010
- New Mrs.Rahul Mahajan wants him to enter politics - Mar 07, 2010
Tags: attempts, childhood friend, close associates, difference of opinion, domestic violence, drug abuse, family members, first wife, friends relatives, ganguly, physical abuse, poonam mahajan, second time, shweta singh, spat