I like my nude photos: Helen MirrenJuly 1st, 2010 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 1 (IANS) Oscar winner Dame Helen Mirren has laughed off suggestions that she is too old to pose naked.
The 64-year-old recently posed naked for a magazine shoot, which was criticised by some who said a woman of a certain age should not bare all, reports digitalspy.com.
“I like the photos because I thought they were naked in the proper sense of the word naked. I’ve got very little make-up on. There’s no elaborate lighting. He (photographer) just used a flash. And it’s simple and it’s real. I think that was the intention of the photographs,” said Mirren.
“They weren’t intended remotely to be sexy, I think sex and nudity are really two different things, you see, but then I’m a bit weird like that. Sometimes nudity is sexy. Sometimes it’s not. Sometimes being clothed is more sexy than being nude. I think people tend to get the two mixed up,” she added.
Mirren is currently filming for “Love Ranch”, which is being directed by her husband Taylor Hackford.
- Mirren haunted by bikini pic - Sep 23, 2011
- Naked scenes get better with age: Helen Mirren - Oct 09, 2010
- At 64, Helen Mirren poses nude for magazine - Jun 26, 2010
- Mirren okay with intimate scenes - Jun 30, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren 'comfortable' shooting love scene for hubby - Jun 30, 2010
- Helen Mirren's latest film becomes her biggest flop - Aug 10, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren plays brothel madam in 'Love Ranch' - May 17, 2010
- Mirren doesn't regret not having kids - Sep 26, 2011
- Helen Mirren's hubby brings wife's cardboard cutout to premiere - Oct 13, 2010
- Mirren enjoys pole dancing - Sep 25, 2011
- Mirren finds nude beaches comforting - Jun 28, 2011
- 'Frugal' Dame Helen Mirren loves sewing her hubby's socks! - Feb 05, 2011
- Americans don't know how to make tea, says Dame Helen Mirren - Apr 24, 2011
- Dame Helen Mirren poses topless to publicize her movie 'Love Ranch' - Jun 22, 2010
- Mirren dislikes romantic films - Jul 05, 2010
Tags: certain age, dame helen mirren, helen mirren, intention, july 1, lighting, love, nude photos, nudity, oscar winner, photographer, photographs, proper sense, taylor hackford, two different things, weren