I know my time in the spotlight is limited, says Katy PerryMay 30th, 2010 - 4:49 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 30 (ANI): Singer Katy Perry says she knows that her time in the music industry is only for a short span.
Despite the success of her breakthrough 2008 album, One Of The Boys, the 25-year-old singer says that she never got into this for limelight, reports The Daily Telegraph.
“I never got into this for the fame,” Perry tells Insider from her Los Angeles home.
“It’s just like a by-product which you take for what it’s worth and know that it’s pretty fleeting and that people change their mind all the time. And that’s why I feel like I have to work just as hard for this record.”
Her new album ‘Teenage Dream,’ will be out in August.
Perry says the pressure of fame won’t affect her in the same way it has some artist, such as Britney Spears.
“Things could come unhinged at any moment, but I pray I don’t shave my head this record,” she says slamming Spears.
“I pray that everything goes along smashingly. I continue to take it one day at a time and remember what my motives are,” she concluded. (ANI)
- Kate destroyed all my stuff after split, says Doherty - Feb 17, 2012
- Katy Perry brushes six times a day - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Femme Fatale' is my best ever album: Spears - Mar 28, 2011
- Britney Spears pours 'heart and soul' in new album - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Femme Fatale' is the best album I have ever made, says Britney - Mar 05, 2011
- Britney Spears wanted to be a lawyer - Mar 10, 2011
- Barry Manilow 'in love' with Britney Spears - Mar 12, 2011
- Madonna & Nicki Minaj's kiss creates waves - Dec 09, 2011
- Britney Spears regains custody of her children - Apr 18, 2011
- Spears a fitness freak - Jan 03, 2012
- Kylie Minogue 'is let down by release of new album Aphrodite' - Mar 07, 2011
- Spears lawyers to sue tabloid for defamation - Dec 02, 2010
- Janet Jackson refuses 'X-Factor' - Mar 04, 2012
- Kelly Clarkson releases 'What doesn't kill you' - Oct 06, 2011
- Fame is disgusting: Kate Perry - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: breakthrough, britney spears, daily telegraph, day at a time, fame, insider, limelight, melbourne, motives, music industry, new album, one day at a time, one of the boys, span, spotlight, teenage dream