I hope good scripts find me now: Sharman JoshiDecember 28th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
It is after a long gap Sharman Joshi is back in Bollywood with not one but three back to back films. The talented actor is looking forward to doing great work in Bollywood now that his 3 Idiots has been a box office hit and his act in it appreciated by one and all.
“I hope that good scripts find me. And I hope, that I manage to latch on to them” Sharman says. Talking about hardly been seen in films in last many months, Sharman reveals, “I have been by choice not doing films. I only accepted those roles that excited me but now that 3 Idiots has set the ball rolling I hope to do better films.”
Working on 3 Idiots for Sharman has been a great joy. He recalls, “We got to relive our college days again. Post pack up we played Tennis, Badminton and Volley ball. I have never lived in a hostel so it was an experience interacting with the boys around like a home away from home. We hung out at the coffee kiosk, or had parties on the flight of stars which was a mini party joint. We definitely had our moments. I am sure when you watch the film you will go home with something to think about”
Sharman is now looking forward to Ramesh Taurani’s next, Toh Baat Pakki and Ravi Walia’s Allah Ke Bande.
“Toh Baat Pakki marking the Hindi directorial debut of ace filmmaker from Marathi cinema, Kedar Shinde stars Tabu and Uvika Chaudhary. It’s a romantic-emotional drama. Where as Ravi Walia’s Allah Ke Bande directed by Faruque Kabir is a redemption drama. It is an intense film with a message and stars Naseeruddin Shah and Atul Kulkarni.” Sharman adds and concludes.
- 'Toh Baat Pakki' stars attend premiere in New Delhi - Feb 19, 2010
- Uvika Chaudhary's smooth sailing with director Kedar Shinde - Dec 15, 2009
- Tabu looks fresh in Toh Baat Pakki - Dec 14, 2009
- Sharman Joshi is best buddies with Toh Baat Pakki director - Feb 08, 2010
- 'Toh Baat Pakki' a lifeless comedy (IANS Film Review; Rating: *) - Feb 20, 2010
- Tabu searches dulha for Uvika in Toh Baat Pakki - Dec 21, 2009
- Sharman Joshi was nervous about meeting Tabu - Feb 12, 2010
- Still waiting for right script after '3 Idiots': Sharman Joshi - May 30, 2010
- I couldn't believe that I'm directing Tabu -Kedar Shinde - Feb 08, 2010
- 'Toh Baat Pakki' - middle-class family's groom-hunting circus (IANS Preview) - Feb 15, 2010
- '3 Idiots' totally different from 'Five Point Someone': Sharman Joshi - Dec 24, 2009
- Movie Review: Toh Baat Pakki (2010) - Feb 19, 2010
- Sharman replaces 'Fido Dido' as 7UP brand ambassador - Mar 21, 2011
- Sharman Joshi takes the bride! - Feb 08, 2010
- It was the year of newbies in Bollywood with 150 debuts (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: allah ke bande, atul kulkarni, bollywood, coffee kiosk, college days, directorial debut, emotional drama, filmmaker, gap, great joy, home away from home, kabir, long gap, naseeruddin shah, ravi, sharman joshi, talented actor, toh, volley ball, walia