I hope ‘Dum maro…’ is biggest song after ‘Darling’: Bosco (With Images)March 3rd, 2011 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 3 (IANS) Deepika Padukone is in the news for her special dance number in the title song of “Dum Maro Dum” and its choreographer Bosco hopes that it surpasses the popularity of “Darling…”
“‘Munni…’and ‘Sheila…’ have their own space and have already done what they had to do. We are looking forward to ‘Dum Maro Dum’ becoming one of the chartbusters. If we can do that, I think then we are kind of sorted,” Bosco told IANS.
“I think it should be one of the biggest after ‘Darling…’ that has made a lot of news. I hope the audiences kind of love the way it is done,” he added.
Bosco made the steps tougher for Deepika, who is appearing only in the special video shot for the promotion of Rohan Sippy’s crime thriller that stars Abhishek Bachchan and Bipasha Basu.
Talking about Deepika, Bosco said: “The minute we got to know it is Deepika, we pushed the envelope and made the dancing little tougher. What is really positive is that Deepika learnt the steps very gracefully and executed them very well.”
The title “Dum maro dum” reminds one of the iconic song from the 1971 classic “Hare Rama Hare Krishna”, which was picturised on Zeenat Aman. The film was acted in and directed by Dev Anand.
Bosco claims the new track is fresh and least comparable with the old one.
“The track is very new. The whole treatment is quite new and then we got going with the idea. We didn’t want to compare it with the old one because the old one is so huge, you know. We wanted an identity for our own song so made a completely different sounding track and gave a completely different look,” said Bosco.
“You cannot overshadow something, which is eternal. You cannot compare and you cannot say this (new one) is better. They (classics) are priceless in their own form and it’s completely different treatment that we have given to ‘Dum Maro Dum’. That was chilled out, it’s more dance based,” he added.
“Dum Maro Dum” is scheduled to release worldwide April 22.
- Our misfortune that Dev saab is upset: Ramesh Sippy - Mar 24, 2011
- Return of the retro: Bollywood beats to remixed classics - Apr 14, 2011
- Dev Anand gives Rohan Sippy remake rights of 'Dum maro dum' - Dec 01, 2010
- 'Dum Maro Dum' team wants Asha Bhosle for stage shows - Mar 29, 2011
- Dum Maro Dum: Dev Anand’s Blessings To Abhishek Bachchan! - Dec 01, 2010
- Not trying to upset Dev sahab, Zeenat aunty: Abhishek - Apr 14, 2011
- Deepika won't perform at India-South Africa match - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Character dhila hai' a copy of my song: Anu Malik - Apr 26, 2011
- Bipasha To Shoot Her Fitness Video In Goa - Aug 30, 2010
- Deepika Padukone Is In Pain! - Dec 20, 2010
- Bollywood swayed to retro beats this year (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 19, 2010
- Deepika gets a call and praise from Zeenat (Movie Snippets) - Apr 14, 2011
- Bipasha to stars: do issue-based films for free - Aug 31, 2010
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' music offers variety (IANS Music Review) - Mar 21, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, audiences, bipasha basu, bosco, chartbusters, choreographer, crime thriller, dance number, darling, deepika padukone, dev anand, hare rama hare krishna, images, maro, munni, popularity, rama, rohan sippy, sheila, zeenat aman