I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay DuttAugust 10th, 2011 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 10 (IANS) Sanjay Dutt wants to break free of his court case. The actor, who is presently out on bail after being convicted for illegal possession of arms in connection with the 1993 Mumbai blasts, earnestly hopes that the case gets over soon and he is declared innocent.
“I am praying to god that the court case gets over soon and I am set free,” Sanjay told IANS.
The 52-year-old, who is currently enjoying being a father to his twins, was arrested under the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act [TADA] April 19, 1993, on charges of interacting with terrorists and possessing weapons.
In November 1993, a charge sheet was filed against 189 accused, including Sanjay, in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case.
Sanjay spent 16 months in jail as an undertrial until the Supreme Court granted him bail in October 1995.
He was later acquitted of terror charges but convicted under the Arms Act. He has appealed and is out on bail.
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- CBI opposes relief for Sanjay Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt finally free of terror charges - Mar 11, 2010
- I was not surprised by Supreme Court's decision: Sanjay Dutt - Mar 31, 2009
- Salem moves court in Mumbai blasts case - Jan 17, 2012
- Supreme Court to hear Sanjay Dutt''s petition on March 30 to stay conviction - Mar 06, 2009
- Supreme Court to hear Sanjay Dutt's petition to stay conviction - Mar 30, 2009
- Apex court wants details of Abu Salem case proceedings - Mar 19, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt moves SC to allow him to contest elections - Mar 05, 2009
- I will never return to politics: Sanjay Dutt - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: being a father, court case, disruptive activities, illegal possession, mumbai blasts, mumbai bomb blasts, praying to god, prevention act, sanjay dutt, supreme court, terror charges, terrorists, twins, undertrial, weapons