I hope Bollywood starts shooting in Kashmir again: Aamir (With Images)February 9th, 2012 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 9 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan was here after more than a decade and was so impressed with the breathtaking beauty of the valley that he hopes filmmakers return here “like the good old times”.
Aamir arrived here Wednesday and visited the famous floating vegetable gardens in Dal Lake.
“I have come to Kashmir after more than 10 years. Last time I came here to shoot ‘Mann’ (1999). The place is wonderful, the people are nice and hospitable,” Aamir told reporters during his visit to the Dal Lake.
“I hope Bollywood starts shooting films here like the good old times. My uncle (filmmaker Nasir Husain) used to shoot his films in Kashmir,” he added.
Some parts of his super duper hit “3 Idiots” were filmed in Ladakh region of the state, but he couldn’t come to the valley then.
“We went directly to Leh to shoot ‘3 Idiots’ and I did not get an opportunity to visit the valley that time,” said the 46-year-old.
Aamir said he is on a pleasure trip here, but his visit to the floating vegetable gardens, a private school and a riverside location in north Kashmir indicated that could be on a recce for his new film.
Sources also said that Aamir had shot an ad film for Incredible India here Wednesday.
- SRK begins his first ever shooting schedule in Kashmir Valley - Aug 27, 2012
- Day temperatures rise in Kashmir Valley - Feb 09, 2012
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
- SRK to shoot Yash Chopra's movie in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2012
- Kashmir stay is fulfillment of a family dream: SRK - Sep 06, 2012
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Pahalgam (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Kashmir is ultimate for outdoor film shooting: Saroj Khan - Apr 24, 2012
- Priyanka heads for London to promote 'Barfi!' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2012
- Omar defends chopper ride to Pakistani Kashmir leader - Sep 22, 2011
- Salman wants to re-visit Kashmir (Movie Snippets) - Apr 03, 2012
- Violent winds leave trail of destruction in Kashmir, one dead (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- One killed as violent winds leave trail of destruction in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Fiery chinar leaves lend magic to Kashmir (Feature) - Nov 03, 2011
- Lot to be done to address malnutrition: Aamir Khan - Nov 30, 2011
- Single-window clearance for film shooting in Himachal - May 05, 2011
Tags: 10 years, aamir khan, breathtaking beauty, dal lake, decade, film sources, films, husain, images, incredible india, kashmir, last time, new film, north kashmir, pleasure trip, private school, recce, riverside location, superstar, vegetable gardens