I haven’t worked for a year: Jennifer GarnerApril 28th, 2012 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 28 (IANS) Actress Jennifer Garner, who recently accepted the Female Star of the Year award, admits that winning an award without working for a year came as a shock to her mother.
“I told my mom the other day I was getting this award and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line,” showbizspy.com quoted the 40-year-old as saying.
“She said, Jennifer, do these people know you haven’t worked in the last year?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I feel they probably know what I’ve been up to. I haven’t stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom,” she added.
“She said, Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breastfeeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee - you are not acting!’ I said it’s not all about the now, it’s things you’ve done in the past or in the future, and she was like, ‘Honey, you have a weird job’.”
The actress is married to Ben Affleck and is a mother to daughters Violet, six, and Seraphina, three.
- Jennifer a world class mom: Ben Affleck - May 13, 2012
- No more kids for Garner - Aug 09, 2012
- Garner's daughters to name her third child - Jan 22, 2012
- Ellen DeGeneres Treated for Chest Pains; Jennifer Garner Stars - Sep 28, 2011
- Garner in no hurry to lose baby weight - Apr 16, 2012
- Affleck, Garner name son Samuel - Mar 02, 2012
- Jennifer Garner is not pregnant - May 28, 2011
- I always listen to myself: Jennifer Lopez - Jan 23, 2012
- No fad diets for Sofia Vergara - Dec 28, 2011
- My wedding will be amazing: Simpson - Jun 08, 2012
- Ben Affleck Excited About Playing A Mother This New Year! - Dec 11, 2010
- Jennifer Garner is an old-fashioned mom, says pal - Sep 23, 2009
- Ben Affleck Can't Wait to be 'Mr Mom' - Dec 11, 2010
- Kelly Preston loves nursing - Apr 23, 2012
- Mendes, a Thai masseuse - May 11, 2012