I have to learn a lot about filmmaking: MadonnaJanuary 11th, 2012 - 3:19 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 11 (IANS) Pop diva Madonna, who donned the directors hat with “W.E.”, admits she needs to understand and learn a lot about filmmaking.The singer-turned-director faced criticism about her new movie ‘W.E.’ - a two-tiered tale about the love life of late British monarch King Edward VIII and American divorcee Wallis Simpson, and a modern day New Yorker named Wally.
“I come to the art of filmmaking with great humility; I respect it immensely as an art form and I know I have a lot to learn,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted her as saying.
“It would be great if people liked my movie and it’s a success because that means I will be able to influence people. Let’s be honest, one doesn’t put all this hard work and effort into something, then say, I don’t care if people see it or not, I don’t care if people like it or not.’ I hope it finds an audience,” she added.
- Madonna's 'W.E.' to premiere at Venice Film Festival - Mar 05, 2011
- Loneliness inspired Madonna to make movie - Jan 23, 2012
- Weinstein impressed by Madonna's 'W.E.' - Jul 02, 2011
- Margo Stilley quits Madonna's film - Jul 06, 2010
- Madonna uses own furniture for directorial project - Aug 31, 2010
- Madonna to compose song for 'W.E' - Apr 26, 2011
- Madonna's slow directing skills irritates cast - Aug 13, 2010
- For Madonna, London is calling - Mar 23, 2010
- Ewan Mcgregor to star in Madonna's new film - Mar 24, 2010
- Madonna to give up glitzy lifestyle for love - Jan 13, 2012
- Madonna slams smoking reports - Aug 01, 2010
- Madonna wants old fashioned royalty back - Jan 22, 2012
- Madonna's ex helped her on 'W.E.' - Dec 24, 2011
- Madonna's 'W.E.' to premiere at Venice film fest - Jul 29, 2011
- Madonna's 'W.E' to premier at London Film Festival - Sep 08, 2011