“I Have Played The Surrogate Mother”: Divya DuttaAugust 6th, 2010 - 12:15 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 5, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Actress Divya Dutta has not only worked in many Hindi movies like Chote Sarkar, Train to Pakistan, Suraksha, Bade Miyaan Chote Miyaan, Shakti- the Power, Agnisakshi, Raja ki aayegi baarat, Welcome to Sajjanpur , Veer Zaara, Veergati, Umrao jaan, Baghbaan, Summer -2007, Delhi6, U me aur hum ,Love khichdi , Hello, Morning walk etc. but also Punjabi cinema like Waaris Shah-Ishq da waaris, Shaheed-e-Muhobbat, Mitraan di chhatri.
Along with the big screen Divya has also worked for the popular daily soap of the small screen “Shanno Ki Shadi” and has also been a part of many reality shows. Not only is Divya a versatile actor but also a dubbing artist who has lent her voice for many actresses. She did the dubbing for Lisa Ray for the movie Kasoor in 2001.
Soon a new movie of Divya Life express-The Story of a Surrogate Mother is on its way to be released. Here are some excerpts of the talks with Divya about this movie:
What is the movie all about?
The movie Life Express is about an urbanized educated couple Nikhil and Tanvi, who are living their lives successfully in this fast moving world. Both of them are so busy with their professional lives that they don’t even have time for each other. They crave for a baby but none has time for it, but still Tanvi gets pregnant. Coincidentally, at the same time she gets a golden chance for promotion in her field of work. So she gets the child aborted without the knowledge of her husband.
In such a stressful situation and due to lack of time the couple decides to take on a woman to be their surrogate.
What is your role in the movie?
I’m playing the part of Gauri, who is living a life of extreme poverty with her husband far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I act as that mother, who bears someone else’s child in her womb.
This is the first movie of director Anoop Das. How has been the experience of working with him?
On watching the movie, one won’t feel like this is his first movie. Director Anoop Das has very skillfully presented this reality of life in his movie and the movie would indeed touch the hearts of people.
As a woman, what are your views about being a surrogate mother? Can a true and genuine relation exist between a mother and child this way?
I feel if the mother is not capable of bearing a child, then there is no harm in adopting a surrogate mother. And as far as the feeling of love between the mother and child is concerned, then only giving birth to a child doesn’t make a woman a mother. Bringing up the child with love and care is equally important.
Do you think the audience would like the movie?
I feel the viewers would appreciate the movie as it is very much relevant in today’s times. It has emotional apleal and at the same time everyone has worked quite well.
- Life Express gives a picture of the truth - Aug 17, 2010
- Divya Went To Surrogate Village - Sep 02, 2010
- Raveena praises Anupam Kher's sense of humour (Movie Snippets) - Jul 10, 2011
- Debutant directors to unravel dilemma of urban couples - Sep 14, 2010
- Oh mother! How she's been edited out of Bollywood (Mother's Day is on May 8) - May 07, 2011
- Divya's Acting Appreciated - Jul 28, 2010
- India becoming a designer baby factory: Author Kishwar Desai (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- Life Express To Release On August 27 - Aug 07, 2010
- Counselling surrogate moms to give up their babies - Jan 15, 2012
- Women's rights being violated in India's surrogacy capital - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Life Express' - A Heartbreaking Story - Sep 07, 2010
- Life Express - A Film About Surrogate Motherhood - Jul 19, 2010
- "Life Express" - A film about surrogate mother is set to be released in September - Aug 18, 2010
- India makes it to top five at Miss Asia Pacific World - Oct 16, 2011
- Stop creating confusion over copyright issue: Shabana (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2012
Tags: daily soap, divya dutta, extreme poverty, gauri, golden chance, hello morning, hindi movies, kasoor, lisa ray, nikhil, professional lives, s child, shadi, stressful situation, surrogate mother, tanvi, train to pakistan, veer zaara, veergati, versatile actor