I hate my films being judged: Nagesh KukunoorJuly 13th, 2008 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
By Shivani Sharma
New Delhi, July 13(IANS) Nagesh Kukunoor has undergone a role-reversal at the ongoing 10th Osian’s-Cinefan Film Festival by being a judge at the 11-day gala here, but the Indian actor-filmmaker does not like his films to be “judged by others”. “It feels great to be here on 10th Osian’s film fest. The first time that I was here, I came with my film ‘Rockford’. But this year I have come as a judge and will be judging other films,” Nagesh, who is one the jury members for the First Features Competition, told IANS.
Nagesh had earlier been to Osian’s as a director with his films “Rockford”, “Three Walls” and “Dor”.
How does he feel?
“Well, the feeling is good! But I can closely relate to the feeling a film director undergoes when his or her film is being judged. Since I have been here before and have also gone through the same feeling, I hate my films being judged,” the filmmaker said.
His happiness on being a judge knows no bound and that is, as he says, is also because “one of the best things of being a judge on such an event is that you get to watch all the films for free and can also wander wherever you want”.
Nagesh, who is known for his unusual and crossover films, feels Osian’s gives a good platform to starters.
“Osian’s is a place where a lot of filmmakers get a start and one should go respecting this fact. I know the amount of pain that goes in making a film,” he said.
Asked whether audiences should to be blamed for giving a cold shoulder to contemporary cinema, Nagesh said: “I don’t think audiences can be blamed, because I feel till the time there are film festivals like these and filmmakers keep making such films, audiences would surely pop in.”
“People need to realise that Osian’s is not a place of glamour. These films are made to reach audiences, so they should come and enjoy them.”
Nagesh’s much-awaited John Abraham starrer “Aashayein” is slated for release September this year.
- 'Mod' is my first love story: Nagesh Kukunoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Without big stars, one always struggles: Nagesh Kukunoor - Jan 26, 2012
- I stay away from formulas: Nagesh Kukunoor (Interview) - Oct 01, 2011
- Interview with Nagesh Kukunoor - Aug 28, 2010
- Nagesh Kukunoor wants challenge of different genres - Sep 20, 2011
- I'm itching to act again: Nagesh Kukunoor (Interview) - Aug 22, 2010
- John Abraham talks about forthcoming flick 'Aashayein' - Jul 29, 2010
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- Kuknoor says no movie on Telengana issue right now - Dec 14, 2011
- It's Kukunoor Movies again, for better connect - Aug 26, 2011
- 11th Osian film fest to put spotlight on India - Oct 06, 2009
- Lack of respect for intellect, creativity pained Mani: Neville Tuli - Jul 06, 2011
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- John Wants To Beat Hrithik; To Die With A Smile - Aug 11, 2010
- Prateik is my baby: Arya Babbar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: cold shoulder, contemporary cinema, crossover, film director, film fest, film festival, film festivals, filmmaker, films audiences, indian actor, john abraham, jury members, nagesh kukunoor, New Delhi, osian, rockford, role reversal, shivani sharma, starters, three walls