I had no films, no money before KBC: Big B remembersSeptember 29th, 2010 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan, who is all set to host the fourth season of “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (KBC), remembers how the game reality show changed the mathematics of his life and pulled him out of a financial crunch.
“Ten years ago in the year 2000, when the entire world was celebrating the new century, I was celebrating my disastrous fortune. There were no films, no money, no company, a million legal cases against and the tax authorities had put notice of recovery on my home,” Big B, 67, wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com Wednesday.
“An offer for television changed all that when I agreed to anchor ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ much against all the advice and resentment from friends, family and advisers. Taken to the United Kingdom at the Elstree Studios where Millionaire’ was being recorded, I observed the elan and grace of the show and the immense production values that it incorporated.
“If they could give me this in India, I would readily agree. They did, I agreed and KBC took its initial steps. It soon became apparent that it was going to be big and prosperous. I merely sat back and played the game as best it could be played. Before long I was out of the financial crisis and signing on an almost two-year deal with the channel that was carrying it,” he added.
The first three instalments of the KBC was aired on STAR Plus.
Big B’s got into financial crisis when Amitabh Bachchan Corporation ltd (ABCL) started running in loss. He tried to get out of this situation by signing “Mrityudaata” (1997), but the film failed miserably at the box office.
Three years later he got the offer to host KBC and after that there was no looking for this megastar who charted a new success story.
- Amitabh proud of common man's Rs.5 crore win on KBC - Oct 26, 2011
- 'KBC 5' nears end, Big B emotional - Nov 11, 2011
- I don't miss John: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2011
- Madhuri searching for best school!(Movie Snippets) - Oct 12, 2011
- It's the 'bandhgala' for Big B in 'KBC 5' (With Images) - May 05, 2011
- I look for clock towers in cities: Amitabh Bachchan - Oct 22, 2011
- Saif, Deepika to appear on KBC 5 - Jul 31, 2011
- Big B to host next season of KBC too? - Nov 12, 2010
- 'KBC 5' to go on air in August, Rohit Bal to design for Big B - May 05, 2011
- Amitabh wins 'distinguished personality' award - Jun 15, 2011
- Other countries now aping KBC's innovative concepts: Amitabh - Aug 30, 2012
- Punctual Big B says 'sorry' for coming late - Aug 22, 2012
- Amitabh signs for two more seasons of 'KBC' - Jan 19, 2011
- Bhojpuri, Bengali versions of '...To Be A Millionaire' start Monday - Jun 03, 2011
- Big B lauds woman for winning Rs.1 crore - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: abcl, amitabh bachchan, bigb, corporation ltd, elan, elstree studios, entire world, financial crisis, financial crunch, friends family, initial steps, instalments, megastar, new century, New Delhi, production values, resentment, success story, tax authorities, year 2000