I had bought a saree which cost me three and a half lacs - Shweta BharadwajMay 12th, 2009 - 6:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Q. How would you define fashion?
A. I think fashion is directly related to Bollywood and bolly-stars should make sure that they pass the right type of message through their fashion. And also, people who try to ape the fashion after seeing films should remember that the kind of cloths which looks good on a particular star may not look good on someone else.
Q. Where do you normally buy your clothes from?
A. There’s no particular shop I can name. Wherever I find good stuff, I buy it.
Q. Which brands do you prefer to buy?
A. Again, there’s no such particular brand. I like any kind of branded stuff. Normally, I don’t believe in brands. But I can say that I like international brands compared to the Indian ones.
Q. Do you often visit fashion shows?
A. As I was a model before I do have to go for fashion shows but now I am fed up of it.
Q. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
A. I think Ritu Kumar is the best designer for Indian women. If we talk of a makeover then I would go for Manish Malhotra.
Q. Which is the costliest outfit you have bought till date?
A. I had bought a saree which cost me three and a half lacs. If you talk about future then I would like to buy an eleven lacs lehenga for my wedding.
Q. Which is your favourite party wear?
A. It depends whether I am free or not. If I am free then I like to dress up in a proper way before leaving for a party. But sometimes I have to join a party directly from my work and I don’t get time for a change. Normally, I like wearing jeans and shirt for a party.
Q. What do you generally dress up while relaxing at home?
A. The lesser the better. I hope you understand what I mean.
Q. Any particular colours you opt for while buying your clothes?
A. Normally I go for a black and white combination. But now-a-days I like wearing royal blue and yellow coloured dresses. My choice for colours goes on changing every month.
Q. Any fashion tip you would like to share with our readers?
A. There’s a proverb in Hindi, Khaye mann bhaya aur pehne jag bhaya; make this proverb a principle of your life.
-Shruti Didwaniya /Sampurn Media
- I think simplicity is the best fashion - Ronit Roy - Apr 22, 2009
- I like wearing shorts and ganjee - Rosa Catalano - May 08, 2009
- Wear whatever you are comfortable with - Tapur Chatterjee - Apr 21, 2009
- I am not all that a brand conscious person - Meghna Naidu - Apr 29, 2009
- I like wearing simple and plain clothes - Chetan Hansraj - Apr 13, 2009
- I go for a lot of colors - Ranvijay Singh - Apr 18, 2009
- I like to go for bright colors - Tanisha Mukherjee - Apr 17, 2009
- I had got a Sherwani made for around 19,000 rupees - Amar Upadhyay - Apr 16, 2009
- I am not really a brand freak - Krystle D'Souza - Apr 10, 2009
- I don't mind wearing a 100 rupees T-shirt from Fashion Street - Vikrant Massey - May 05, 2009
- Dream come true for Malini Ramani with interiors' foray (With Images) - Dec 18, 2011
- Victoria Beckham a 'smart' dresser - Jul 13, 2012
- What Not To Wear For Christmas, Some Tips - Dec 22, 2010
- Designer Pillai Mohan showcases kid wear at Wills India Fashion Week - Oct 24, 2010
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012