I got to hospital just in time: HrithikNovember 22nd, 2010 - 11:00 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Nov 22 (IANS) Hospitalised for an allergic reaction to an antibiotic medicine, Hrithik Roshan says he’s much better now though he admits that he reached hospital just in time and a delay of even 15 minutes could have proved fatal.
“It was an allergic reaction to the antibiotics I was taking. Lungs and throat went into spasm. I reached hospital just in time…All cool now. I’m under observation,” Hrithik said from the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Sunday night.
On Sunday evening, the allergic reaction was so violent that the star gave his family the scare of their life. Hrithik was rushed to hospital at around 4 p.m. and was put under immediate surveillance by a battery of doctors.
An hour after being admitted, Hrithik said via sms: “It was an allergic reaction. I made it to the hospital just in time. Fifteen minutes more could’ve proved fatal…Lungs just closed…My voice-box is affected.”
Hrithik has been very unwell for the last one week with suspected malaria and barely able to get out of bed. But he was compelled to be physically active to promote his film “Guzaarish”, where he plays a quadriplegic. The movie, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, also stars Aishwarya Rai.
Now probably relieved to have overcome the terrible moments of health distress, Hrithik is resting, recovering well under strict observation.
“So finally I am in hospital. Damn so much to do!,” Hrithik said in the sms.
But the spirited Hrithik quickly added: “It’s all good. It’s always good. I was celebrating ‘Guzaarish’ at home. Now I’m celebrating from here in hospital.”
“Guzaarish”, which hit screens Friday, has got rave reviews and Hrithik’s performance has been much appreciated by several members of the Hindi film world.
- Hrithik Roshan suffers allergic reaction, hospitalized - Nov 22, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan leaves hospital - Nov 22, 2010
- I don't want my sons to see me like this: Hrithik - Nov 25, 2010
- Shatrughan Sinha stable, but gets breathless - Jul 11, 2012
- Dad's hale and hearty: Sonakshi Sinha - Jul 03, 2012
- Shatrugan Sinha's better, says doctor (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha's hospital stay to continue - Jul 07, 2012
- Shatrugan Sinha hospitalised after breathing trouble - Jul 02, 2012
- Ash and I have perfect equation: Hrithik - Nov 16, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan: What Made Him So Emotional? - Dec 03, 2010
- Life has been hectic since high school: Aishwarya Rai (Interview) - Nov 20, 2010
- Shah Rukh Touched With Hrithik's Performance In Guzaarish - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Audiences will find new Aishwariya in Guzarish' - Nov 14, 2010
- Salman Khan And Hrithik Roshan: Hugs And The Patch Up - Dec 20, 2010
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, allergic reaction, ambani, antibiotics, fifteen minutes, hindi film world, hospitalised, hrithik roshan, kokilaben dhirubhai ambani hospital, lungs, malaria, mumbai, observation, quadriplegic, sanjay leela bhansali, scare, spasm, subhash k jha, sunday evening, voice box