I follow Akshay into projects: Katrina KaifOctober 9th, 2008 - 9:51 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 9 (IANS) Britain-born Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif, who has given many hits with Akshay Kumar, says she trusts the star’s script sense and often follows him into projects.Katrina’s last hit with Akshay was “Singh is Kinng”.
“He has a fantastic script sense. And you know, when he’s doing it, it will work. Not that I go blindly into films that feature him. But, yes, he does have a fantastic knowledge of what works at the box office. That explains our success ratio together,” Katrina told IANS.
Interestingly, in Vipul Shah’s “Namastey London”, Katrina had the main role while Akshay played the supporting part. The tables were turned in “Singh Is Kinng”. But Katrina says she wasn’t allowed to complain.
“Every time I’d start complaining about the size of my role, Akshay would order me to go and stand in a corner and repeat ‘Namastey London’ five times and be quiet. He’s right. He needn’t have done ‘Namastey London’, which was the girl’s story,” said Katrina who teamed up with Akshay in “Welcome” as well.
After doing out and out commercial roles, Katrina changes gear with Prakash Jha’s “Rajneeti” in which she’ll go from a young student to a married woman, and beyond.
“I didn’t think I was ready to do something like this. But then I heard the script and I couldn’t resist it. Maybe because Prakashji is such a good narrator, I fell in love with my character,” she said.
She feels if “Rajneeti” works, it will bring an interesting turn to her career.
“I’m doing enough hardcore commercial films. At this juncture of my career I can afford to do something that challenges me. As long as the script is entertaining, I’m all for it.
“As for my character, she’s a light-hearted character to begin with. Later she grows serious and ambitious. If it works, it can do a lot for my career.”
Katrina has a spate of releases lined up including “Hello”, “Yuvraaj” and “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani”.
“Is that a bad thing? A lot of my films have run into one another, films that I had committed to way in advance. These are things I can’t control. And I really want to do these films. Or I wouldn’t be doing them in the first place.”
However, Katrina won’t be taken for granted by people around her.
“You’ve to stand your ground. I can’t please everyone all the time. I’ve realised that.”
- I have learnt to cope with media attention: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Mar 16, 2011
- The Way the Actors Are Linked By the Media Makes Me Wonder Whether I Am Working in 'Film' Industry or 'Dating' Industry! - Katrina Kaif - Apr 30, 2010
- Working with woman director was nice: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Nov 16, 2010
- Now I want Yash Chopra-type love story: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Jun 16, 2010
- It's been a wonderful ride so far: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Mar 03, 2010
- I always crave for a big hit: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - Dec 01, 2010
- As a filmmaker I do not believe in showing solutions to problems because I am not God. - May 28, 2010
- I'll be there to guide any damsel in distress: Akshay Kumar - Nov 23, 2009
- Patience is a virtue, believes Katrina - Feb 25, 2011
- My look in 'Action Replayy' inspired by Sunil Dutt: Akshay Kumar - Sep 10, 2010
- Punjabi industry lacks cinema knowledge, says comedian Ghuggi - Oct 06, 2011
- My character in 'New York' is real me: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Jun 21, 2009
- Katrina focussing on two 'difficult films' - Mar 18, 2009
- Akshay can pull off any dress: Designer - Sep 23, 2010
- Salman's voice is only in 'Oh My God' teaser: Umesh Shukla - Jun 19, 2012