“I felt like a ‘zombie’ while shooting for ‘Fox’” - Udita GoswamiJune 3rd, 2009 - 11:35 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
Last week of May was quite eventful for Udita Goswami. Apart from shooting non-stop for the final schedule of Deepak Tijori directed ‘Fox’ in a gruelling week, she was also required to make back to back appearances in cities outside Mumbai. No wonder, it took a toll on her body and made her feel like a zombie.
“True, Zombie is actually the right word”, says Udita in a weary tone, “Often when you make a statement that you haven’t slept for some days a stretch, it is inferred that you have been hitting the party circuit hard. It was just the other way round though since I was instead busy working. The final schedule of ‘Fox’ had been called for and I was required for an entire week to participate in a week long stint that featured the entire case comprising of Sunny Deol, Arjun Rampal, Sagarika Ghatge and newcomer Vipul Gupta. Believe me, it was some tiring week.”
Since her shooting stint was interspersed with celebrity appearances that she had to make in a couple of cities, sleep was the last thing she could indulge herself in.
“I missed out on something as basic and much necessary requirement as sleep”, rues Udita, “There was a time period when I hadn’t slept for two days at a stretch. Thankfully, that was just before the last day of shooting for ‘Fox’ so I could afford to stretch myself a little more. After yet another over night outing, the shooting finally got over around 6 AM in the morning. Can you beat that?”
She is relieved though that one of her biggest films till date, ‘Fox’, has finally seen conclusion of the principal shoot.
“Yeah, it’s a matter of celebration. The movie is finally over and we can officially call it a wrap. I want to see how it shapes up now once the final print is out”, comments Udita who further celebrated the cause by catching on with her sleep over the entire weekend.
A thriller, “Fox’ is a modern sleek thriller shot in the exotic locales of Goa and Mumbai. It is a story about a cat and mouse chase between a young successful criminal lawyer (Arjun Rampal) and a mysterious stranger who is controlling and threatening his life. Now the lawyer must seek the help of a reluctant cop (Sunny Deol) in solving the mystery. -Sampurn Media
- 'Fox' - this thriller lacks suspense (IANS Film Review; Rating: **1/2) - Sep 05, 2009
- Deepak Tijori to direct two films this year - Jun 26, 2012
- Movie Review: Fox (2009) - Sep 05, 2009
- Sunny Deol makes comeback with Deepak Tijori's 'Fox' - Jun 01, 2009
- Will Sunny Deol final enjoy a HIT? - Jun 11, 2009
- Arjun Rampal to attend Rohit Bal's couture show - Jul 25, 2011
- How Arjun surprised his family? (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
- Real to reel: Adhuna Akhtar's hairstyling passion extended (With Images) - Jul 05, 2012
- Kabir Bedi misses late son on Father's Day - Jun 17, 2012
- I wore only Arjun Rampal's shirt: Sagarika Ghatge - Sep 02, 2009
- Udita back with a bang, signs on five films - Jul 26, 2009
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- It's an honour to be in 'Jism 2': Sunny Leone - Jan 19, 2012
- Approached for two Bollywood films: Paris Hilton - Sep 24, 2011
- Haven't got my due in Bollywood, rues Udita Goswami - May 03, 2010
Tags: arjun rampal, celebration, celebrity appearances, deepak tijori, films, fox, goa, joginder, necessary requirement, newcomer, night outing, sagarika ghatge, sleep, stint, sunny deol, thriller, time period, udita goswami, vipul gupta, zombie