I failed in my first attempt, not my father: Malayalam actor FahadMay 6th, 2012 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 6 (IANS) Fahad Fazil, the latest heartthrob in the Malayalam film industry, has played down his disastrous debut despite being launched by his illustrious father Fazil in 2001, saying the failure was his and not that of his father.
“Please don’t blame my father for my failure because it was my mistake and I came into acting without any preparation,” said Fahad who returned with a bang in his second outing.
He was in the city to promote his new film,” Diamond Necklace”, directed by maverick film maker Lal Jose.
It was Fazil, a hugely successful director, who launched and moulded the careers of many stars like Mohanlal, Sobhana and numerous others in the 1980s and 1990s.
But strangely, when the master director launched his son Fahad in 2001 in’Kaiyethum Doorath’, it failed miserably and many thought it was the end of Fahad’s career.
Fahad went into hibernation, pursued his studies and returned in 2009 to act in “Kerala Cafe”.
In 2011, he made his presence felt in an offbeat film “Chappa Kurishu” and since then there was no looking back for the actor.
Two films that worked for Fahad include “22 Female Kottayam” and “Diamond Necklace”
“I do not know any other job than what I am doing now and unlike my first time, am prepared. I initially wished to be behind the scenes in the industry , but am enjoying my acting. I also wish to direct a film,” said Fahad.
He also added that for the industry to go ahead, it should be the writers and directors who should be the face of the film industry.
Echoing the young actors thoughts was director Lal Jose who said that the present films that are doing good business are the ones that can be termed as ‘new generation films’ with actors like Fahad.
“Change is always welcome and you wait and see in another three years time there are going to be lot more changes and only the fittest would survive here. Very soon the Malayalam film industry will return to its lost glory as was seen in the 80s,” said Jose, who along with his friends launched the lJ Films, a brand new production house and his latest film was the first one to be produced by this new venture.
- Dileep, Swetha Menon win top honours at Kerala film awards - Jul 19, 2012
- Lal Signs Fazi's Son Shanu, Plays Tribute To The Filmmaker - Oct 12, 2010
- Shooting For 'Tournament- Play and Replay' Starts At Kochi - Oct 14, 2010
- Follow the parent - star kids shine in Malayalam cinema - Aug 27, 2011
- Mammootty's Son to Enter Films - Apr 28, 2010
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
- Kerala film industry's biggest showman Navodaya Appachan dies - Apr 24, 2012
- New Heroine For Lal Jose - Jul 26, 2010
- Austrian model goes gaga over Malayalam film - Oct 16, 2011
- Fazil's 'Living Together' With New Comers Again - Sep 02, 2010
- Mammootty's Best Actor Has A Cameo Of Filmmaker Lal Jose - Jul 17, 2010
- 'Adaminde...' ignored at home, big at National Awards: Salim - May 19, 2011
- 'Adaminde...' ignored at home, big at National Awards: Salim (Lead, correcting name in intro) - May 19, 2011
- Lal Jose ready for next - Apr 01, 2010
- Malayalam Music Director M G Radhakrishnan Passes Away - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: 1980s, 1990s, diamond necklace, disastrous debut, film industry, film maker, generation films, good business, heartthrob, illustrious father, kottayam, lal jose, malayalam film, master director, maverick, new film, new generation, thiruvananthapuram, two films, young actors