I dress like British school teacher: Victoria BeckhamDecember 18th, 2008 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 18 (IANS) Former Spice Girls singer and fashion icon Victoria Beckham has revealed that the inspiration for her distinctive look is British school teachers.Victoria, 34, spoke out against suggestions that her image has changed to fit in with laid back Los Angeles style since she moved to California last year, reports dailymail.co.uk.
She said: “I’m very British in my style - like the school teacher. I love pencil skirts and fitted blouses, classic cut dresses and well fitted jeans mixed with classic tailoring.”
The diva, who launched her own fashion line in September at New York Fashion Week, also revealed that her look is also influenced by old-fashioned style rather than the latest trend.
“The 1950s icons had such class. I love the glamour and sophisticated style of Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn,” she said.
- Grandma my style icon: Miranda Kerr - Aug 10, 2012
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn my style icons: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 10, 2011
- Hilton doesn't copy style! - Jul 09, 2011
- Ashley Greene wants Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn's style for 'Twilight' - Aug 16, 2010
- Kate Moss in racy video - Jan 27, 2011
- Stylists make everyone look the same: Sonam - Mar 21, 2012
- Collins happy with Hepburn comparison - Mar 27, 2012
- Hepburn's hairstyle named most influential ever - May 24, 2011
- Gaga to design garments with sister? - Aug 25, 2011
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Hepburn's Oscar dress up for auction - Nov 05, 2011
- Poshs fashion inspiration schoolteacher! - Dec 18, 2008
- Sonam made a brave choice for Cannes red carpet: Designers - May 17, 2011
- Beckham first man to grace Elle magazine cover - May 31, 2012