I don’t want to be called a star: Tamil actor PasupathiSeptember 24th, 2009 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 24 (IANS) Tamil actor Pasupathi, whose latest Malayalam film “Vairam” is running to packed houses here, says he would prefer to be known as an actor and not as a star.
“I am least interested in star status or star value. My only objective is to be a good actor and that my films should run on its merit and not on star value,” said Pasupathi, who has acted in 25 Tamil films since making his debut nine years back.
He was here to promote the film that also stars Suresh Gopi.
Pasupathi made his debut with a cameo in Malayalam film “Big B” that had Mammootty in lead role. “Vairam” is his second Malayalam film.
Comparing Tamil and Malayalam films, the actor said the latter certainly have a better quality when it comes to the scripts. “But the remuneration is better in Tamil because it has a wider audience and the budgets of Tamil films are bigger,” added Pasupathi.
Directed by M.A. Nishad, “Vairam” is set in Kerala and revolves around a father’s fight for justice after his daughter Vairamani (Dhanya) is molested and killed. Pasupathi plays Vairamani’s father Sivarajan. He is a Tamilian and works in Kerala as a bank officer. He is married to Devi (Meera Vasudev), a Malayali.
When Sivaraman realises that money and political power are influencing the judiciary, he decides to track down culprit on his own. The film also stars Suresh Gopi, Mukesh, Kalabhavan Mani, Jayasurya and Samvrutha Sunil.
Nishad claims that the film is partially based on a real-life story.
“I would like to say that the story in my film is the hero and the basic thread of the story has been taken from an incident that occurred in the state,” said Nishad who also added that he wants to be known as a commercial director as his earlier films dwelt on socially relevant issues.
- Samvritha Sunil Unveils the Official Website of "Vairam" - Sep 01, 2009
- Review: Vairam (2009) - Sep 26, 2009
- Malayalam Movie Viaram On September 20 - Sep 11, 2009
- September 20th release for Vairam - Sep 14, 2009
- Pasupathi in Mollywood - Apr 02, 2009
- Mamta Mohandas weds family friend - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Kerala Cafe' to have world premiere at Abu Dhabi film fest - Oct 07, 2009
- Madhupal To Start Shooting For His Second Film - Sep 11, 2010
- Mammootty to start shooting for 'The King and The Commissioner' - Jun 12, 2011
- Janakan shooting at a good speed - Oct 05, 2009
- Crorepati game show emotionally draining for me: Suresh Gopi - May 11, 2012
- Kerala to foot ailing actor Thilakan's medical bills - Aug 26, 2012
- Ban on Thilakan unfortunate: Suresh Gopi - Aug 08, 2010
- Anil C Menon Signs Prithviraj For His Next - Sep 14, 2010
- Fans' associations-hindrances in the way of Malayalam cinema - Sep 29, 2009
Tags: cameo, commercial director, culprit, dhanya, jayasurya, kerala, lead role, malayalam film, malayalam films, malayali, meera vasudev, nine years, realises, relevant issues, remuneration, star status, star value, suresh gopi, tamil films, tamilian