I don’t think he’s racist. I just think he’s very ill, says Galliano’s ‘victim’March 12th, 2011 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11 (ANI): A man who was apparently verbally abused by John Galliano has come to the defense of the disgraced designer.
Philippe Virgitti, who filed a police complaint along with pal Geraldine Bloch, has dismissed the matter as a ’simple bar dispute’, reports the Daily Mail.
Galliano was dismissed as creative director for couture house Christian Dior following allegations he hurled anti-Semitic abuse at Virgitti and Bloch during a night out in Paris, France last month (Feb11).
The 50-year-old designer also faces up to six months in prison regarding the same.
But Virgitti has now broken his silence about the allegations.
Virgitti, a receptionist from an Asian background, said of Galliano: “I don’t think he’s racist or anti-Semitic. I just think he’s very ill.”
The claim, made to Le Parisian newspaper, will be looked at closely by magistrates and could even see Galliano’s trial abandoned.
A legal source close to the case explained: “Mr Galliano did not physically hurt anybody - the allegations are simply about what he said. If he was solely involved in some drunken banter, rather than anything overtly racist, then there is no case against him.” (ANI)
- John Galliano's 'victim' defends designer - Mar 11, 2011
- Galliano's victim defends the designer - Mar 12, 2011
- Designer John Galliano trial set for June 22 - May 13, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- John Galliano's Paris Fashion Week show scrapped - Mar 05, 2011
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- Galliano facing defamation lawsuit - May 07, 2011
- Portman disgusted by Galliano's anti-Semitic remarks - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rant - Apr 16, 2011
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
- Galliano didn't use racist remarks: Lawyer - Feb 28, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
Tags: allegations, asian background, banter, bloch, christian dior, couture, creative director, daily mail, geraldine, john galliano, legal source, london, magistrates, paris france, police complaint, racist, receptionist, silence, six months