I don’t play safe: Rajiv KhandelwalMarch 27th, 2008 - 10:19 am ICT by admin
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) Popular TV star Rajiv Khandelwal, who became a household name as the intense Sujal Grewal in “Kahiin Toh Hoga”, feels it is important to stay away from the safe zone to be successful in life. “I never play safe by playing a role similar to the one that made me popular. Even though I have done three shows in my career, each time I have tried to show variety. One really needs to be open-minded,” Rajiv told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
The actor first played a passionate lover boy in Balaji Telefilms’ soap on STAR Plus “Kahiin Toh Hoga” which brought him instant success. Thereafter, he was seen in Zee TV’s weekly show “Time Bomb 9/11″, which did not stir the audience, and finally he appeared as Captain Rajveer Singh Shikhawat in SAB TV’s youthful show “Left Right Left”.
Rajiv moved away from TV to pursue his Bollywood dreams, which will soon come true in the form of his upcoming film “Aamir”.
Regarding the film, the trailers of which are already doing the rounds in Mumbai theatres, Rajiv said: “I am excited about the film. It has a gripping script and when I had got the offer I was just not prepared.”
He added that in the film he is playing a middle class boy who always dreams big and how in the course of time his family and he get embroiled in an unlikely situation.
“Even though the film is a commercial thriller and has an element of terrorism, I would say it is meaningful cinema. It highlights the mindset of people and how judgemental people tend to get about others,” he opined.
For those who were waiting to see Rajiv in a romantic role, there’s bad news. He said: “The film has no heroine and I will not be seen romancing anyone.” Rajiv will also not be seen shaking a leg in this film.
“Aamir” is slated for release around May this year and is being directed by Raj Kumar Gupta.
Currently, Rajiv has not zeroed in on any further projects but has a lot in mind. He says he loves to sit idle, play and travel and believes in living life to the fullest.
“I would like to wait till this movie releases to see the response. I will plan further only after that,” he said and added that he would like to do a variety of roles.
“I have deleted all restricting thoughts in my mind and I don’t place my preference for any specific type of role. I would like to experience every genre, be it comedy, action, romantic and others. In fact, I love breaking new ground,” he said excitedly.
But did he always wish to be a part of Bollywood? “Every actor wishes to enter cinema. There are some who settle down with television and are content with the way their careers are. But the ones like me are restless and love to experiment,” he answered.
- Aamna Sharif back on small screen (With Images) - Aug 09, 2012
- Priyanka has 21,770 followers on Twitter (Film Snippets) - Aug 08, 2009
- Imran Khan not in favour of remakes (Film Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- Akshay will do wonders in 'Oh My God': Sachin Parikh - Jun 16, 2012
- I benefit from new filmmakers: Rajeev Khandelwal - Dec 22, 2011
- Rajeev Khandelwal's Bollywood Career Hits A Roadblock - Jun 29, 2010
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Aamir Dalvi replaces Dakssh Ajit Singh in 'Chhal...' - Jun 21, 2012
- Shah Rukh showers praise on Farah - Jul 24, 2012
- I'm not comfortable with romantic scenes: Boman Irani - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Dil Toh Bachcha...' explores child within every man (IANS Preview) - Jan 24, 2011
- I couldn't have got a better debut: Rajeev Khandelwal - Jun 09, 2008
- Aamir Khan on Katrina's wish list - Dec 21, 2010
- Farah relieved after promos of 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jun 14, 2012
- Big B on playing 'Bbuddah...' and becoming a granddad - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: bollywood dreams, doing the rounds, hoga, household name, instant success, judgemental people, lover boy, passionate lover, popular tv, radhika, raj kumar, rajiv khandelwal, rajveer singh, romantic role, sab tv, safe zone, show time, sujal grewal, time bomb, zee tv