I don’t mind wearing a 100 rupees T-shirt from Fashion Street - Vikrant MasseyMay 5th, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Young and Dashing actor Vikrant Massey who has just made an entry in Sphere Origins Balika Vadhu speaks on fashion.
Q. How would you define fashion?
A. Comfort. I buy a Ted Lapidos or a Tommy jacket but at the same time I don’t mind wearing a 100 rupees T-shirt from Fashion Street, which gives me sheer comfort in summer.
Q. Where do you normally shop your clothes from?
A. My clothes are not necessarily branded, yes but my jeans has to be Wrangler. I only wear Wrangler jeans and the tops don’t matter.
Q. Which brands do you prefer to buy?
A. I prefer Ted Lapidos; it is a fantastic brand. Then I also like Calvin Klein, Guess, and Tommy Hilfiger and lots of them.
Q. Do you often visit fashion shows?
A. No I have never visited fashion shows, not because I don’t like, only because I have not been invited (laughs).
Q. Who is your favorite fashion designer?
A. For me my favorite fashion designer would be someone who makes something that looks good on me. I would want Gauri and Nainika to make my outfits as they are fantastic, and at the same time I think Ted Lapidos can too design a few custom made outfits for me.
Q. Which is the costliest outfit you have bought till date?
A. It is a jacket which cost me around 18,000 bucks. For me it is very expensive. I think other celebrities wear underwear’s for around Rs. 10,000 (laughs), but I am very normal college going student, who earns money with sheer hard work, so I think 18,000 rupees was a lot for me.
Q. Which is your favorite party wear?
A. My favorite combination which I think you can wear anywhere, is a white shirt, blue jeans, and a Kolhapuri chappal.
Q. What do you generally dress up while relaxing at your home?
A. Shorts and a T-shirt.
Q. Any particular colors you opt for while buying your clothes?
A. White and Black. Whenever I go shopping, there has to be at least one outfit which is black and one which is white.
Q. Any fashion tip you would like to give to our readers?
A. I believe people have this thought about cheap clothes, that if one buys street clothes then their social status falls down. I absolutely don’t believe in that. I don’t mind going and buying a 60 rupees t-shirt for myself from linking road which makes me look good as well as gives me sheer comfort at the same time. I think comfort is very important. -Sampurn Media
- I like wearing simple and plain clothes - Chetan Hansraj - Apr 13, 2009
- I think simplicity is the best fashion - Ronit Roy - Apr 22, 2009
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Lagerfeld's fashion advice - Apr 27, 2011
- I am not really a brand freak - Krystle D'Souza - Apr 10, 2009
- Wear whatever you are comfortable with - Tapur Chatterjee - Apr 21, 2009
- I am an absolute brand baby - Neetu Chandra - Apr 11, 2009
- Stewart loves casual dressing - Nov 08, 2011
- I had got a Sherwani made for around 19,000 rupees - Amar Upadhyay - Apr 16, 2009
- I go for a lot of colors - Ranvijay Singh - Apr 18, 2009
- No bikini for Sonakshi - May 22, 2012
- Malaika my mentor and muse: designer Rick Roy (Lead) (With Image) - Jun 28, 2012
- Malaika my mentor and muse: designer Rick Roy (With Image) - Jun 28, 2012
- I had bought a saree which cost me three and a half lacs - Shweta Bharadwaj - May 12, 2009
Tags: blue jeans, calvin klein, celebrities, chappal, clothes, colors, fashion designer, fashion tip, guess, massey, origins, rupees, sheer comfort, sphere, t shirt, ted, tommy hilfiger, underwear, vikrant, wrangler jeans