I do see myself directing a film: Bipasha BasuApril 12th, 2009 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 12 (IANS) After eight years of being in front of the camera, Bipasha Basu says she has begun to understand the technical aspects of filmmaking. She is aiming to direct a film and says she will be “fantastic” from behind the camera.
“I’ve learnt on the job. I now understand script, character, choreography and camera angles. So I guess I do see myself directing a film because I know I’ll be fantastic with things from behind the camera,” Bipasha, who entered films with 2001 hit “Ajnabee”, told IANS.
It all started with her interest in the way she looks.
“Nowadays, I take a lot of interest in the way I look. I’ve become conscious of what suits me. I wont do anything that I don’t follow or don’t feel comfortable in. Fortunately, we’ve such capable choreographers. They know I’m not a professional dancer. So they give me movements that are fun, more me,” said Bipasha for whom styling has become crucial.
“I’ve extra-long limbs. So I need steps that don’t dwarf the other dancers. I understand all that now. For one of the songs in ‘Aa Dekhe Zara’ I went for very Afro-American look. It was the look that I thought suited the situation. My other song was very funky and flamboyant. I want to create variety and excitement for myself. It’s the only way I can keep audiences interested,” she added.
Bipasha, 30, also loves performing live on stage.
“I’m now getting a hang of it. Even John (Abraham) has gotten over his inhibitions about dancing. The idea is to just let go and have fun. First you’ve to get to that stage of relaxation on screen. The stage follows,” she said.
Bipasha’s home is now renovated and she’s ready to move back in at May end.
“It’s now reached the final stage of completion, the lights are being installed, the surfaces are being polished,” said the actress who is planning a big house-warming party.
Bipasha has given hits like “Aankhen”, “Jism”, “No Entry”, “Corporate”, “Dhoom 2″, “Race” and “Bachna Ae Haseeno”.
- I want to do action: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Oct 13, 2010
- Road should be named after Gary Kirsten: Ranbir Kapoor (Film Snippets) - Apr 05, 2011
- Hollywood project gave me fresh perspective: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Apr 03, 2011
- Bipasha To Shoot Her Fitness Video In Goa - Aug 30, 2010
- Bipasha thanks Bobby, Akshay for career - Dec 26, 2011
- Can't compare myself with Bipasha: Esha Gupta - Aug 08, 2012
- Superstars are remembered only when they die: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Aug 24, 2012
- Staying in shape a daily struggle: Gwen Stefani - Mar 10, 2011
- I had a broken life, but I've evolved now: Bipasha - Sep 11, 2012
- I would love to play Draupadi: Bipasha Basu (Movie Snippets) - Nov 09, 2010
- Bipasha to stars: do issue-based films for free - Aug 31, 2010
- I'm definitely producing another film in May: Lara - Dec 29, 2011
- Mila Kunis doesn't find herself attractive - Jun 14, 2012
- No more glamour fluff for Bipasha Basu - Aug 05, 2010
- Excited to entertain India: Indo-Canadian porn star - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: aa, aankhen, ajnabee, audiences, big house, bipasha basu, camera angles, character choreography, choreographers, dancers, dhoom 2, filmmaking, inhibitions, john abraham, mumbai, professional dancer, relaxation, subhash k jha, technical aspects, zara