I didn’t suffer breakdown after ‘Avatar’: Zoe SaldanaAugust 28th, 2011 - 2:59 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 28 (IANS) Actress Zoe Saldana has hit back at reports that she suffered a mental breakdown after filming “Avatar”.
A magazine had quoted the 33-year-old star saying that the promotion and success of the sci-fi epic had taken toll on her physically and emotionally, so much, that she had burst into tears in a Paris hotel and couldn’t control her sobbing, reports contactmusic.com.
But the actress has denied the reports saying the statement was misconstrued.
“It was definitely misconstrued, the statement that I made… It was such a beautiful roller-coaster and we had no idea we were gonna break records on so many levels and that this movie… was gonna touch so many hearts from all over the world,” she said.
“We started the whole world tour and you’re expelling so much energy, so that by the time the awards season was over… my body just needed to relax. It was kind of like shutting down. It was just a beautiful journey that exhausted me,” she added.
- 'Avatar' left Zoe Saldana exhausted - Aug 10, 2011
- 'Avatar' star Zoe Saldana calls herself sci-fi geek - Dec 23, 2009
- Avatar would have been 'terrible' if it was live-action, says James Cameron - Aug 11, 2010
- 'Avatar' declared best film at the Golden Globe awards - Jan 18, 2010
- I feel sexy working with men: Zoe Saldana - May 09, 2010
- Family forced Saldana to learn driving - Aug 21, 2011
- 'Avatar' earns Rs.22 crore at weekend in India - Dec 21, 2009
- Saldana finds ballet difficult - Apr 28, 2012
- Cameron planning 'Avatar' prequel - Sep 10, 2012
- Charlize Theron enjoys playing evil - Mar 22, 2012
- James Cameron's Avatar shines at 3D awards show - Feb 25, 2010
- I've become a little action whore, says 'Avatar' star Zoe Saldana - Nov 25, 2009
- I don't see film in technical way: Zoe Saldana - Aug 01, 2011
- Aishwarya looks smashing in 'Robot': Big B - Oct 05, 2010
- Noomi Rapace refuses to look sexy - May 14, 2012