I didn’t know I had another grandchild: Julio IglesiasMay 2nd, 2012 - 3:26 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 2 (IANS) Spanish Singer Julio Iglesias’s eldest daughter Chabeli gave birth to her second child, Sofia, but he knew nothing about the new addition in the family.
“I haven’t seen her yet. She’s in North Carolina. But I imagine that within a few days she’ll come to (my home in) Miami and we’ll all meet her. I think it was a surprise for everyone. I knew she was pregnant, but I must confess that I didn’t know of the birth until a month and a half later,” he told hellomagazine.com.
Sofia was born in January this year.
Asked if he understood why Chabeli decided to keep the birth under wraps, he said: “Yes, and you have to respect your children, even if you don’t understand them. I love my daughter very much, and she loves me. I fully support her.
“She called me a few weeks ago and said, ‘Dad, you’ve got a granddaughter. She’s beautiful.’ At first I was a little angry, well, fairly angry. But I eventually understood her reasons.”
- Daughter made me brave: Mel C - Sep 12, 2012
- Kylie Minogue plans to start a family - Feb 18, 2010
- Minogue unveils first look of newborn on Twitter - Jul 11, 2010
- Brit mum saves baby by refusing to end pregnancy on doctors' advice - Apr 11, 2011
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
- 3-years old girl fearlessly faces down angry lion - Jan 12, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow often cries working away from children - Apr 28, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez takes fashion advice from fans - Aug 14, 2010
- If presented decently, Sonakshi game for item songs - May 29, 2012
- Julio Iglesias working on new album of hits - Sep 13, 2010
- Halliwell's emotional Olympic performance - Aug 21, 2012
- I was a bad singer when I started out: Julio Iglesias - Oct 10, 2011
- Jack Osbourne upset about disease - Jun 19, 2012
- Adele's dad begs for forgiveness - Jul 16, 2012