I didn’t kill Jackson, stress did: Conrad MurrayFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 23 (IANS) Michael Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray has filed legal documents claiming that MJ was so stressed out over his financial woes that he recklessly self-administered a fatal dose of Propofol that killed him.
Murray is responding to the D.A.’s claims that he should stay in jail pending appeal because the grounds for challenging the conviction are bogus, reports tmz.com.
In the legal documents Murray makes a number of arguments, but the most interesting is the section titled, “Financial Condition of Michael Jackson.” Murray’s lawyers put it this way: “Mr. Jackson was in debt approximately $440 million and desperately needed to fulfil a contractual commitment at the O2 arena in London.
“He was on the verge of losing his entire estate to foreclosure. The pressure to fight through his insomnia, to rehearse and be the entertainer he was in his earlier years was overwhelming.”
And then the lawyers bring it home: “His motivation and resulting desperation were relevant to show a likelihood or reason to act in a manner inconsistent with good judgment.”
The lawyers believe it was an error for the judge to exclude evidence of MJ’s financial desperation.
- MJ was facing financial ruin, says his doctor's lawyer - Apr 07, 2011
- Dr. Conrad Murray's defense to claim MJ gave himself fatal drug overdose - Apr 05, 2010
- Joe Jackson prepares to sue MJ's physician over wrongful death - Jun 23, 2010
- Jackson committed suicide over finances? - Apr 07, 2011
- Conrad Murray seeks fingerprint test on syringe found under MJ's deathbed - Mar 18, 2011
- MJ's son will not testify in Dr. Conrad Murray's case - Jan 04, 2011
- Murray's lawyer fights wrongful death suit filed by MJ's father - Oct 12, 2010
- Joe Jackson files lawsuit against MJ's physician for wrongful death - Jun 28, 2010
- Murrey wants new prison - Jun 19, 2012
- Is Conrad Murray Responsible For Michael Jackson’s Death? - Jan 05, 2011
- Lost videotapes could clear MJ's doc - Apr 03, 2011
- Doctor admits he gave powerful anaesthetic before Jackson died - Oct 08, 2011
- MJ's weakened state during tours 'a defense evidence for Murray' - Jan 01, 2011
- MJ doc hearing has '30 witnesses' - Dec 29, 2010
- Michael Jackson: Events Leading To His Death Recounted By The Detective - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: conrad, contractual commitment, conviction, financial desperation, financial woes, foreclosure, insomnia, judgment, lawyers, legal documents, likelihood, london, michael jackson, motivation, personal doctor, propofol, stress, verge