I couldn’t have got a better debut: Rajeev KhandelwalJune 9th, 2008 - 9:27 am ICT by IANS
By Devapriyo Bhattacharjee
Mumbai, June 9 (IANS) TV star Rajeev Khandelwal is on a high these days. His first film “Aamir”, which released Friday, is earning rave reviews and he maintains that in the film he has got a dream debut. Rajeev’s launch last Friday has been a very unconventional one, without any established female lead or even a known director. There were no stars per se and Rajeev maintains that the script was the hero.
“The script and story of the film is unique. There are many instances where a film bombed despite having all the big casts, good music and great directors. All these things are of no use if you don’t have a good script,” Rajeev told IANS.
But doesn’t every actor say that his or her movie is unique?
“If this film becomes a flop and you ask me the same thing five years later, I will say the same thing. I am proud of the film. There could not have been a better debut for me than ‘Aamir’. Whether it becomes a hit or a flop, it will be one of the best movies of my life,” he maintained.
The film is an ensemble of new comers. Apart from Rajeev, director Rajkumar Gupta, music director Amit Trivedi and wildlife cinematographer Alphonse Roy make their Bollywood debut with “Aamir”.
“After this experience, I would like to work with a newcomer every time. The dedication and honesty that newcomers have towards work is simply overwhelming. Besides, all the persons that I have worked with in the film are experts in their own fields.”
Rajeev plays the role of a middle class Muslim boy, who comes to India after completing his education in Britain. His character, Aamir, falls into a trap as soon as he lands in India and gets embroiled in a bigger conspiracy.
Following his debut film, Rajeev would be seen doing a film on what he is best at - romance. “I would be seen in a love story to be produced by UTV. But the formal announcement would be made shortly,” he said.
If given a chance, the actor would like to work with Kajol and Amitabh Bachchan among the actors and like all newcomers in Bollywood aspires to be directed by Yash Chopra some day.
Before stepping into filmdom, Rajeev was known for being a passionate lover boy in Balaji Telefilms’ soap “Kahiin Toh Hoga”, which brought him instant success.
Thereafter, he was seen in Zee TV’s weekly show “Time Bomb 9/11″, which did not stir the audience, and finally he appeared as Captain Rajveer Singh Shikhawat in SAB TV’s youthful show “Left Right Left”.
- I benefit from new filmmakers: Rajeev Khandelwal - Dec 22, 2011
- Imran Khan not in favour of remakes (Film Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- It's bad scripts that Raj Kumar Yadav avoids - Jul 12, 2012
- 'Dhobi Ghat' makes it official - Aamir Khan is different! - Jan 22, 2011
- Doting father Ranvir's woes (Movie Snippets) - Mar 19, 2012
- Kainaz Motivala doesn't want to be typecast (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Rajeev Khandelwal's Bollywood Career Hits A Roadblock - Jun 29, 2010
- Right sync between writer, director vital: Habib Faisal - May 08, 2012
- Aamna Sharif back on small screen (With Images) - Aug 09, 2012
- Who Will Be Signing Aamir Khan For His Next? - Oct 25, 2010
- Rajeev Khandelwal chops off long mane for movie - Oct 21, 2010
- Debutant directors have passion for work: Anupam Kher - Feb 15, 2011
- 'Sperm donation common, people keep mum' - Mar 25, 2012
- I'm nervous about my TV debut: Sanjay Dutt (Movie Snippets) - Jul 30, 2011
- I want to be a bankable actor: Nilesh Sahay (Interview) - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: aamir, alphonse, bhattacharjee, debut film, dream debut, education in britain, formal announcement, good music, gupta, last friday, launch, love story, music director, muslim boy, new comers, rajeev khandelwal, trivedi, tv star, utv, wildlife cinematographer