I consciously kept my wife away from limelight: Rajeev KhandelwalJune 16th, 2011 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) Actor Rajeev Khandelwal, who married girlfriend Manjiri Kamtikar in February this year, says it was a conscious decision to keep his wife away from the media glare.
“Manjiri is not the type who wants to be written about or covered by the media. She likes her independence. She likes being in her own world. She is very happy like that. Even I don’t like talking about my personal life a lot. So it was my decision to keep my personal life and marriage away from the limelight and Manjiri agreed with me too,” Rajeev told IANS.
“I knew that there will be a lot of spotlight on my marriage and there were a lot of requests etc for the pictures. That’s why I got married in Jodhpur and kept it a personal affair,” added the actor who exchanged marital vows at Khimsar fort in Jodhpur.
The 35-year-old, who garnered fame on the small screen with the show “Kahiin Toh Hoga” and later hosted “Sach Ka Saamna”, had an Arya Samaj wedding.
When asked whether anything has changed in his life post-marriage, Rajeev informed: “Nothing major.”
“Marriage hasn’t changed anything in me, it hasn’t changed anything except the way I live my life. Basically, my home front…the state of my house has changed, the ownership has changed, the rules have changed. There is nothing similar in my house to what it used to be four months back, the decor, the colours, the curtains everything has changed and not in my control anywhere. Other than this everything is the same,” added Rajeev laughingly.
“But I am still the same guy, I still operate in the same manner. If I have to meet a girl for a cup of coffee, I still meet her because I know where to exactly draw the line. Manjiri is not the kind who would call me if I’m having a cup of coffee with a girl. She is a very secure person, which gives me so much independence and a lot more reason to love her even more,” he said.
The actor, who made a successful transition from small to big screen with “Aamir” and “Shaitan”, is looking forward to Neerav Ghosh’s “Soundtrack” set for an August release, and Tanuja Chandra’s “Raakh”, which will be released at the end of the year.
- Rajeev Khandelwal Engaged For In-Laws's Sake - Mar 11, 2010
- People worked on my looks for months: Aamna Sharif (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012
- Imran Khan not in favour of remakes (Film Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- Disc jockeying - Rajeev Khandelwal's new passion - Oct 10, 2011
- 'Dangerous Ishq' required actors with no image: Karisma - May 07, 2012
- 'Soundtrack' was emotionally exhausting: Rajeev Khandelwal - Jul 16, 2011
- Shreyas puts Muzammil marriage in trouble - Nov 11, 2009
- Rajeev Khandelwal chops off long mane for movie - Oct 21, 2010
- Rajeev Khandelwal getting engaged in May - Mar 11, 2010
- I benefit from new filmmakers: Rajeev Khandelwal - Dec 22, 2011
- 'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason' not remake of 'Raakh': Rana - May 25, 2012
- 'Soundtrack' felt like my story: Rajeev Khandelwal (Movie Snippets) - Aug 13, 2011
- 'Soundtrack' remake of 'It's All Gone Pete Tong' - Apr 10, 2011
- Behl bets on'Na jaane kahan...' as best entertainer (Movie Snippets) - Mar 28, 2012
- Don't regret anything: Harman Baweja - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: actor rajeev khandelwal, colours, conscious decision, cup of coffee, curtains, fame, four months, girlfriend, glare, hoga, jodhpur, limelight, marriage, mumbai, personal affair, personal life, saamna, spotlight, transition, vows