I completely deserve what I’m paid: Ileana D’CruzSeptember 7th, 2012 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 7 (IANS) Ileana D’ Cruz, who makes her Hindi film debut with “Barfi!”, is considered the highest paid actress in the southern film industry and says she gets what she deserves.
“I can’t comment on that as I have not seen anyone else’s paychecks,” Ileana told IANS when asked about the highest paid actress tag.
“All I can say is I have worked really hard for six years down south and the journey has not been easy for me, so I feel what I get paid, I completely deserve that. Whenever I read such news I enjoy all the attention,” said the actress, who makes her Hindi film debut with “Barfi!”.
“I think any actor would be lying if they say money doesn’t matter and it’s only the experience that they enjoyed the most. I do care about money and want to make more. I do respect my work and people want to pay me more for my work. It is flattering but it’s a huge responsibility to pull off a character,” she added.
The 24-year-old actress ventured into movies in 2006 with Telugu film “Devadasu” and has since worked in many Telugu and Tamil films. Though Ileana admits she is proud to be associated with the southern film industry, right now her priority is Bollywood.
“I don’t plan anything and I didn’t even expect ‘Barfi!’ to come my way. I have done lot of films down south and I am proud to be associated with them. If I get good offers than I might think of doing some more south films but right now my priority is Bollywood,” she said.
Directed by Anurag Basu, “Barfi!” is slated for a Sep 14 release and she has teamed up with Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra in it.
Ileana has no qualms in donning a bikini for any film, but only if she feels she can pull it off well.
“As an actress if I have to wear a bikini for a role I don’t mind it but I need to workout for at least six months before, to fit the bill. Then if I look comfortable and feel I can pull it off then why not,” she said.
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
- Ileana house hunting in Mumbai - Sep 10, 2012
- I missed an opportunity to work with Salman: Ileana - Sep 05, 2012
- I'm not star struck by Ranbir: Sumona Chakravarti (With Images) - Jul 07, 2012
- Anurag Basu plans English 'Barfi!' - Sep 19, 2012
- Ask me about work, not affairs: Ranbir - Sep 08, 2012
- Get me toughest roles: Priyanka - Sep 05, 2012
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012
- Southern stars twinkle in Bollywood (Feature) - Jul 21, 2011
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- Southern films good learning ground for Hindi actors: Madhhurima - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Barfi' not a silent film, says Anurag Basu - Jul 04, 2012
- Charming, pure, 'Barfi!' a modern masterpiece (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Sep 14, 2012
- Ranbir mum on film with Zoya Akhtar - Sep 01, 2012
- Akshay continues his love for action with new ad - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: barfi, bikini, devadasu, film debut, highest paid actress, hindi film, journey, money, mumbai, paychecks, priority, priyanka chopra, qualms, six months, six years, southern film industry, tamil films, workout