I can’t party in front of parents, says b’day girl Ekta KapoorJune 7th, 2009 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 7 (IANS) Television tycoon Ekta Kapoor, who turns 31 Sunday, has planned a big birthday bash a month later at her parent’s home, but says she is not inviting her dad Jeetendra and mom Shobha Kapoor as they still treat her like a 12-year-old.
“As you know I’ve moved back with my parents. So my birthday bash is going to be there at my parents’ home. But I can’t party in front of my parents, specially my dad who still treats me like a kid, ruffles my hair, kisses my forehead, clocks my time out. If he sees me partying he’ll freak out. To him I’m still that 12-year-old daughter,” Ekta, who plans to visit the revered shrine of Tirupathi in Andhra Pradesh, told IANS.
So what plans does Ekta have for her dad on the day of the party?
“I think I’ll pack him off for the night with mom to my apartment, which is just a hop away from our bungalow. See, I love my dad, but I can’t be partying with him around. Mom is my friend. And she’s welcome to join us. But she can’t leave my dad somewhere and be with us for the party,” said Ekta who ruled the small screen with soaps like “kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”, “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii” and “Kahiin To Hoga”.
There’s another reason why Ekta wants her dad out of the way for the birthday party.
“My friends find him really hot and I can’t bear that. I’ve always been madly possessive about my dad. I once chased an over-enthusiastic female fan with a slipper. And what about this very successful female superstar now happily married? I glared so hard at her, she nearly shrivelled up and never cosied up to my dad again,” she said.
This time Ekta intends to party for her birthday with a difference.
“The big bash on July 11 is for my colleagues in the television industry. For my friends from the outside the industry I’ve planned a series of birthday dinners, just intimate group of common friends who are comfortable together over a period of four-five days.”
About being in 31, she said: “I think the 30s is the 20s of the new generation. Who knows next year this time I could start feeling like a teenager. There’s a whole ‘Benjamin Button’ happening to my life,” she said.
- Ekta Kapoor To Party In Parents' Home(But They Are Not Invited) - Jun 07, 2009
- Ashita's Birthday Wish Comes True! - May 24, 2010
- Tusshar gifts Nandita Mahtani's dress to Ekta - Jun 08, 2012
- My unconventional family has taught me a lot: Kate Hudson - Mar 27, 2011
- We're having two weddings on two consecutive days: Ram Charan Teja - Jun 12, 2012
- Jackie makes cameo appearance in Rajini film - Feb 03, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor: To Miss Dad’s Birthday Due To Mausam - Dec 24, 2010
- Jessica Alba to spend birthday in White House - Apr 14, 2012
- Dilip sahab greatest gift of my life: Saira Banu - Aug 23, 2012
- B-Town excited about Karan Johar's birthday bash - May 23, 2012
- Sir Cliff Richards to celebrate 70th birthday with Indian curry - Oct 14, 2010
- Adnan Sami gets best birthday gift ever from wife Roya - Aug 23, 2010
- Hilton's beau gifts her super-car on birthday - Feb 17, 2011
- Gurinder Chadha wants Saif to play Nehru in her next - Jun 20, 2012
- Willow Smith gets advice from Jay-Z, Beyonce - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: birthday bash, birthday dinners, birthday party, bungalow, ekta kapoor, female fan, female superstar, forehead, ghar ghar, intimate group, jeetendra, kahaani ghar ghar kii, mumbai, saas bhi kabhi, saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, shobha, subhash k jha, television industry, tirupathi, tycoon