I can’t do what Mr. Bachchan did in KBC: ProsenjitMarch 6th, 2011 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 6 (IANS) Bengali superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee recently got an offer to host the Bengali version of “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (KBC), but he refused. He says he can’t create the same magic that Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan did with the quiz show.
“They offered and they are still asking me to do this, but I am not doing that. I am a big follower of Mr. Bachchan. I still remember his signature dialogue in ‘Mohabbatein’ and we used to be excited when he used to say ‘Lock Kiya Jaye’ (on KBC). I can’t do what Mr. Bachchan has done. I somehow can’t place myself where Mr. Bachchan sat,” Prosenjit told IANS on the phone from Kolkata.
KBC, based on the British show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire”, created history when it was first launched on Star Plus in 2000 with Big as the host. Five years later, he hosted the second season of the show.
In 2007, superstar Shah Rukh Khan hosted the third season. But last year Amitabh returned to host the fourth season of KBC.
Bollywood actors are doing lot of television shows and the trend has reached the Bengali film industry too, but Prosenjit is statying away from small screen right now.
“I will come to television very soon. But I have been keeping myself away for a very long time because I am waiting for the right thing. Basically, I was trying my patience. I have seen so much ups and downs, I don’t want to rush for anything. I have never hurried in life,” said the national award winning actor.
Son of yesteryear superstar Biswajeet, he made his debut with “Duti Pata” in the year 1983 and is known for his powerful performances in “Omor Shongi”, “Apon Amaar Apon” and “Ami, Yaseen Aar Amaar Madhubala”. He also won accolades for “Chokher Bali” and calls “Dosar” his most challenging role.
Recently, he received appreciation for his work in Goutam Ghose’s “Moner Manush” and Srijit Mujherji’s “Autograph”.
But despite being so successful, the 48-year-old is never in a rush and takes his own time in selecting an offer.
“My only plus point is that I don’t rush. I wait for the right time. I try to study and I try to know it first. From television, of course, I got lot of offers. I get offers every day, but I am trying to keep myself away as much as possible,” he said.
- I will direct a film this year: Prosenjit Chatterjee - Mar 02, 2011
- Direction is my next career choice: Prosenjit Chatterjee (Interview) - Oct 19, 2009
- KBC 2012 to be back in prime time slot - Jul 27, 2012
- Amitabh Praises SRK; Ducks Salman's 'Dus Ka Dum' - Jul 09, 2010
- 'KBC 6' gets first crorepati in Kashmir's Manoj Raina (With Images) - Sep 08, 2012
- Of Aamir Khan, KBC, And Amitbabh Bachchan - Jun 18, 2010
- Shatrughan Sinha to host Bhojpuri KBC, Sonakshi on hot seat - May 01, 2011
- Amitabh signs for two more seasons of 'KBC' - Jan 19, 2011
- I was merely a fortunate bystander: Big B on KBC (Interview) - Jul 09, 2010
- Punctual Big B says 'sorry' for coming late - Aug 22, 2012
- 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 4' goes on air Oct 11 - Aug 03, 2010
- Over five mn people participate in 'KBC 4' auditions - Sep 10, 2010
- 'My name is Chang & I'm not a foreigner' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2011
- Big B to host next season of KBC too? - Nov 12, 2010
- Amitabh proud of common man's Rs.5 crore win on KBC - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: actor son, amaar, amitabh bachchan, bengali film, bengali version, bollywood actors, chatterjee, chokher bali, ghose, megastar, mohabbatein, moner manush, mr bachchan, quiz show, shah rukh khan, ups, ups and downs, who wants to be a millionaire, yaseen, year 1983