I can’t be doing supporting parts any more: Suniel ShettySeptember 16th, 2010 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Sep 16 (IANS) Suniel Shetty, who has been saying no to a lot of filmmakers, has turned down the offer from his favourite director Priyadarshan because the role didn’t shape up to his satisfaction.
“The role did not shape up either to Priyan’s or my satisfaction. So we decided to part ways on this one. In fact, Priyan himself suggested I pass this one,” said Suniel.
Priyadarshan’s new film features Ajay Devgn, Anil Kapoor and Kunal Kapoor, among others. Suniel had been all but finalised for one of the pivotal parts.
So is there any ill-will between Priyan and Suniel over this matter?
“None at all. Priyan and I go back a long way. I’ve always done whatever he has offered me. But now it’s time for me to think about the next level in my career. I can’t be doing supporting parts any more,” said Suniel.
After the much-acclaimed part in “Red Alert”, there will be no more peripheral parts for the actor. At the moment Anees Bazmi’s “Thank You” is his last assignment on hand.
Suniel has returned from a long schedule of Anees Bazmi’s “Thank You” with fond memories of his birthday in Toronto Aug 11.
Co-star and friend Akshay Kumar threw a surprise party for him.
“He didn’t only arrange the party, he looked into the minutest detail including the food I like. Akki knows I don’t drink. So he had arranged my favourite fruit juices. It was just a small party with our friends like Bobby Deol and Anees Bazmi. It was a memorable evening.”
“We started our careers at around the same time and we’ve done any number of films together. But do supporting parts with him? Thank You, but no thank you,” he said.
It seems now that his two children are stepping out of adolescence, Suniel wants to spend as much time with them as possible before they leave home. His daughter will be attending college next year.
- Sunil Shetty To Take A Sabbatical From Films - Sep 17, 2010
- Akshay Kumar - Anees Bazmi in a fix - Dec 05, 2009
- 'Foodistan' winner wants to cook for Big B (Movie Snippets) - Mar 23, 2012
- I did 'Tezz' only for Priyan: Mohanlal - Apr 17, 2012
- Anees Bazmee Signs Irrfan Khan, Suniel Shetty and Celina Jaitley for Thank You - Apr 01, 2010
- 'Thank You', another comedy on the perils of skirt-chasing (IANS Hindi Film Review; Rating: ***) - Apr 09, 2011
- Priyadarshan is very demanding: Zayed Khan - Apr 20, 2012
- Making people laugh is a blessing: Anees Bazmee - Dec 06, 2009
- Ajay Devgn Plays Terrorist In Speed Remake - Jul 29, 2010
- Plans Aborted! Priyadarshan Abandons Pratik Starrer - Jul 01, 2010
- 'Tezz' item song goes to Sameera - Jul 22, 2011
- Adnan Sami lets the music play on 39th birthday! - Aug 23, 2012
- Script plays villain between Anil, Priyadarshan - Feb 28, 2012
- Bazmee will direct 'Welcome Back', not 'Hera Pheri 4' - Jun 12, 2012
- Mohanlal clueless why he is not in 'Saat Khoon Maaf' - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: adolescence, akshay kumar, anil kapoor, attending college, bobby deol, co star, film features, fond memories, fruit juices, ill will, kunal kapoor, last assignment, memorable evening, new film, priyadarshan, priyan, red alert, subhash k jha, suniel shetty, surprise party