I blew $20m on drugs and booze, says Steven TylerMay 2nd, 2011 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 02 (ANI): The Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has revealed that he has spent 20million dollars on drugs, leaving himself almost penniless from spending so much money on cocaine and heroin.
Tyler, who is one of the judges on the US talent show American Idol, said drugs were such a big part of his life that he took them on stage while he was performing with Aerosmith.
Tyler, 62 and the father of the actress Liv Tyler, went into rehab several times and admits that he is lucky to be alive considering his drug and alcohol abuse in his autobiography to be released this week.
“I blew 20 million. I snorted my Porsche, I snorted my plane, I snorted my house in that din of drugs and booze and being lost,” the Telegraph quoted him as telling People mag.
“I kept my medicine cabinet on stage, in a fourteen-inch drum head, the bottom of which contained… one Dixie cup with a straw and blow in it and the other with Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels in it.
“Left to my own devices I probably would have been dead several times over,” Tyler added. (ANI)
- Liv Tyler sports rock star look in ad - Feb 17, 2012
- Liv Tyler's friends have a crush on her dad - Jun 24, 2011
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011
- Coca-Cola India's 'Support My School' campaign wins Silicon Valley support - Aug 23, 2012
- Wayne Rooney to be ditched by Coca-Cola - Sep 13, 2010
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Kerala children walk to support rural students - Sep 18, 2011
- Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in Brazil - Dec 07, 2011
- Steven Tyler taking time off from Aerosmith - Nov 23, 2009
- UN, Coca-Cola water project to impact a million people - Sep 04, 2012
- Coke and Pepsi contain alcohol: study - Jun 27, 2012
- Liv Tyler wants to define her life - Jul 12, 2011
- Coca Cola wakes up Brad Pitt's kids - Feb 03, 2012
- Steven Tyler quits 'American Idol' - Jul 13, 2012
- Coca-Cola India and World Vision to support rural schools in India - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: actress liv tyler, aerosmith, aerosmith frontman steven, alcohol abuse, american idol, autobiography, coca cola, cocaine, dixie cup, drug and alcohol, drug and alcohol abuse, drugs and booze, drum head, heroin, jack daniels, liv tyler, medicine cabinet, people mag, steven tyler, talent show