I am the best - Mohammad SalmanJune 1st, 2009 - 8:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Anil Merani
Dance India Dance gets its winner with Mohammad Salman being crowned the Sunehri Taqdeer ki Topi. The participant from Remo ke Rangeelay has made his mentor proud. We chit chat with the lad as he talks about the success.
How do you feel?
On top of the world. I want to thank God and my parents. I am where I am only due Remo Sir, He was the best thing that could have happened to me.
What were the thoughts going on in your mind in the final moments before your name was announced?
I just told God that I thank you for what you have given me.
Which was your toughest dance step?
All were equally tough but the fire step could have turned into a disaster I might have lost my eyesight. You know how things go wrong despite all precautions.
According to you which was your best dance?
My best is yet to come. What you saw in DID were only glimpses of what I can do. Having said I like my Tu Hi Rai number and Chow dance.
Which is your particular fort, then?
I really don’t know what my forte is, sometimes mentors would say you rock in Salsa and at other time they exclaimed that you excel in Latin. All I can say is that I want to be choreographer’s dream. But I want to say that that I have not yet scratched the surface. As far learning is concerned I will keep up picking new things till I die.
Were you always a dancer?
My mom says I would shake to numbers even in the pram. I gave my first performance when I was 2 at a family occasion dancing to Ek Do Teen.
You come from Bangalore, a region not very popular with Hindi channel, yet you won?
If you remember I never begged for votes. I just asked for blessings. I only believe in hard work. I did not cry on stage giving somebody a chance to say that I was garnering sympathy votes. I want to compete and win fair and square.
50 lac prize booty is a big amount?
I honesty have not thought about that. Right from day one I only concentrated on my dance Like Arjun my aim was only at being the best dancer. I have really worked hard. I have given my blood and sweat for this purpose. I even landed in hospital but was back on stage as soon as I discharged. My only aim was to get better with every passing round.
I am open to all kinds of offers.
Most reality winners disappear after a few months?
See DID have given me a platform and now it’s up to me to prove myself.
Best Bollywood dancer?
Undoubtedly, Hrithik Roshan.
Had you not won who do you think deserved?
Nobody but Salman for I was the best.
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Tough to promote Indian dance: Remo D'Souza - Jun 24, 2012
- AN INTERVIEW WITH CHOREOGRAPHER SANDEEP SOPARRKAR - Oct 07, 2010
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Nobody can replace Salman in my heart: choreographer Salman - Jul 15, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- ABCD has better dancers than me: Prabhu Deva - Jun 05, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- Don't call dance frivolous, says guru Shiamak Davar - Jul 07, 2012
- One needs patience to shoot in 3D: Remo D'Souza - Apr 11, 2012
- I don't enjoy doing films: Terence Lewis - Jan 16, 2012
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011
- Ravi Kishan in 'Jhalak...' because of daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- AHMED KHAN - A CHOREOGRAPHER PAR EXCELLENCE - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: anil, best dance, booty, chit chat, choreographer, dance step, eyesight, family occasion, fire step, first performance, glimpses, lad, mentors, merani, mohammad, pram, remo, salman, sympathy votes, top of the world