I am not ready for movies yet, says Sonali Bendre BehlAugust 3rd, 2008 - 8:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Former Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre Behl, who took a break from the big screen post marriage, has no intentions of coming back to films at present. “I am not really ready for movies yet. It calls for a bit too much commitment,” Sonali told IANS.
She was speaking on the sidelines of the Omega Olympics Evening organised here to honour the Indian contingent for the Beijing games.
Asked when she was planning a comeback to the silver screen, Sonali said: “It is going to take me a while and I won’t call it a comeback. Once an actor is always an actor. There is nothing dramatic as a comeback about it. Right now I am taking a break. I don’t have the time to do movies now.”
The actress, who was last seen in a cameo in Karan Johar’s 2003 hit “Kal Ho Na Ho”, has been on a sabbatical from acting since her marriage to filmmaker Goldie Behl in 2002.
However, the beautiful actress will be seen on television as a judge in the fourth season of the upcoming music reality show “Indian Idol” along with music stalwarts like Javed Akhtar, Anu Malik and Kailash Kher.
This is not the first time the actress will be seen on the small screen. Sonali has earlier judged Sony Entertainment Television’s reality show “Mr. And Mrs. TV” with Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar.
Her debut on TV dates back to 2001 when she hosted Star Plus’s kids-based dance show “Kya Masti Kya Dhoom”.
Asked how difficult it was to loose the extra pounds she had gained post motherhood, Sonali said, “I enjoyed being overweight. Getting back to shape has been a completely natural process.”
“Every phase has its excitement. But I do try and eat healthy and I eat well,” she concluded.
- I feel like I'm coming home: Sonali Bendre (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sonali Bendre surprised to see hubby Goldie at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Dhulia to direct Indian adaptation of 'Hamlet' - May 14, 2012
- What makes Kareena glow? (Movie Snippets) - Jul 11, 2011
- Sonali Bendre to endorse Almond Drops Oil - Aug 23, 2011
- I enjoy doing TV shows: Sonali Bendre (Interview) - Aug 08, 2011
- No more films for Sonali after 'Once Upon...' - Aug 22, 2012
- My husband thinks I should do films: Sonali Bendre - Jun 29, 2010
- Not ready to return to big screen yet: Sonali Bendre - May 22, 2009
- Now filmmakers free to make genre-based movies: Goldie Behl - Feb 11, 2012
- Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work - Aug 18, 2012
- I really envy all those who can sing: SRK (Bollywood Snippets) - Jul 03, 2011
- KJo confirms 'India's Got Talent' stint - Aug 25, 2012
- I keep fit for health, not for glamour: Sonali Bendre (Interview) - Jun 03, 2010
- What makes Bollywood singers, choreographers love TV - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: actress sonali, bollywood actress, cameo, dance show, dhoom, indian idol, kailash kher, karan johar, madhur bhandarkar, malik, motherhood, mr and mrs, mr and mrs tv, reality show, sidelines, silver screen, sonali bendre, sony entertainment television, stalwarts, upcoming music