I am not greedy: Michael Douglas’ ex-wife on suing him for movie shareMarch 18th, 2011 - 5:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 18 (ANI): Actor Michael Douglas’ ex-wife has insisted that she is not greedy after she sued him for a share of profits from his recent movie ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’.
Diandra Douglas, 54, has been slammed as a ruthless gold digger for going after her 66-year-old ex-husband’s money despite having received a multi-million dollar divorce settlement.
The petition was filed just weeks before Michael’s throat cancer diagnosis, and Diandra claims that he slammed the phone down on her in disgust when she tried to withdraw the petition after learning of his stage IV prognosis.
In her first in-depth interview since taking Michael to court, Diandra opens up in the April issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
“I am not a greedy person by nature. I ask myself every night if I should walk away,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
But she dismissed claims that she was out of line for going out to court to try and get money from what she says is the sequel to the first Wall Street movie, which per her divorce settlement, would entitle her to a share of Michael’s earnings.
Michael’s legal camp says it is a totally different venture and she is not entitled to any money from the second movie.
Diandra emphasised that she did not know Michael was suffering from cancer when she first launched her bid last June.
She said she tried to have the case adjourned when she found out Michael was very ill in August but his legal team wanted to push forward with the case.
When Diandra called Michael to say that she “was terribly sorry he was ill”, she claims he hung up on her.
She said she feels like she has been portrayed as a bad person by the press.
“It’s hurtful. I’m not made of cement. I’m a human being. I didn’t think it would turn into this huge media circus. That was not my intent,” she added. (ANI)
- Michael Douglas's ex wife loses Wall Street cash bid - Nov 16, 2010
- Michael Douglas' ex-wife Diandra Douglas' suit trashed by the judge - Nov 18, 2010
- Michael Douglas's ex-wife claims 'greed' in Wall Street trial - Aug 26, 2010
- Douglas' ex-wife wants share in 'Wall Street 2' fees - Jun 28, 2010
- Michael Douglas and his ex-wife Diandra Douglas clash over the proceeds from his role in 'Wall Street' - Aug 25, 2010
- Wall Street Sequel Puts Michael Douglas In Soup - Jul 03, 2010
- Michael Douglas's ex-wife wants share of his "Wall Street 2" millions - Jun 29, 2010
- Michael Douglas' health raises concerns - Oct 05, 2010
- Michael Douglas says cancer has shown him what family really is - Nov 30, 2010
- Danny DeVito Accepts Award for Michael Douglas - Oct 06, 2010
- 'Wall Street: Money never sleeps' creates a stir the box office - Sep 27, 2010
- Carey Mulligan shares her thoughts on Wall Street - Sep 16, 2010
- Michael Douglas' health scare won't delay 'Wall Street' sequel, says rep - Aug 20, 2010
- 8-Week Cancer Treatment Over, Michael Douglas Is Back Home - Oct 09, 2010
- Michael Douglas Geared Up To Experience Piano Lessons For His Upcoming Film, ‘Liberace’ - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: actor michael douglas, bad person, bazaar, cancer diagnosis, cement, daily mail, depth interview, diandra douglas, disgust, divorce settlement, gold digger, greedy person, media circus, michael douglas, petition, prognosis, sequel, share london, street money, throat cancer