I am not gender-biased: BhandarkarAugust 29th, 2012 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) Madhur Bhandarkar is popular for making women-oriented films like “Chandni Bar”, “Page 3″ and “Fashion” and the filmmaker clarifies that this doesn’t mean he is gender-biased and says his only aim is to make good movies.
“For me, it is very necessary to make a good film, which garners success and critical acclaim. National Awards definitely come later,” said Bhandarkar.
“I am never gender-biased. I would agree that the ratio of female actresses is more in my films and that’s why people think I make only women-oriented films but that’s not the case. All of it depends upon what I like at that time,” he added.
Bhandarkar’s films have not only helped him carve a niche for himself, they also became turning point in female actresses’ career — be it Tabu in “Chandni Bar” or Priyanka Chopra in “Fashion”, both the actresses won National Award for their performances in their respective films.
Now the filmmaker ready to share another story in the form of “Heroine”, which has Kareena Kapoor in the lead. It releases Sep 21.
- Kareena gets the brandwagon for 'Heroine' - Aug 31, 2012
- Taking a huge risk with romantic comedy: Madhur Bhandarkar (Interview) - Jan 16, 2011
- 'Chandni Bar' completes 10 years, Bhandarkar gets nostalgic - Sep 28, 2011
- Woman power still far cry in Indian filmdom (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2012
- Kareena will be a shocker in 'Heroine', says Bhandarkar - Jan 10, 2012
- 'Chandni Bar', 'Fashion' to be screened in Berlin - Aug 13, 2012
- Bollywood wakes up to women-centric themes - Dec 10, 2011
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- 'Heroine' will be a landmark in Kareena's career: Bhandarkar - Nov 16, 2011
- Still not many women-oriented films: Neha Dhupia - Jun 12, 2012
- 'Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji' to be released on Republic Day - Jan 15, 2011
- No one can understand women like Madhur: Ajay Devgn - Nov 28, 2010
- I was left in total shock and depression: Madhur Bhandarkar - Jul 05, 2011
- Being part of 'Heroine' was my destiny: Kareena - Aug 28, 2012
- We've revamped 'Heroine' script for Aishwarya: Bhandarkar - May 15, 2011