I am not all that a brand conscious person - Meghna NaiduApril 29th, 2009 - 6:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Q. How do you define Fashion?
A. Everyone defines fashion in their own ways. Fashion is something which is different everyday. It changes every now and then. People start with a particular trend and everyone follows it and that becomes fashion.
Q. Where do you normally shop your clothes from?
A. I shop from anywhere and everywhere. I like shopping when I am travelling, especially abroad. If I am in town then I mostly shop from Bandra and if its accessories it has to be from Linking road, Bandra and Colaba Causaway.
Q. Which brands do you prefer buying?
A. I am not all that a brand conscious person but if I am abroad then I like collecting branded stuffs.
Q. Do you often visit fashion shows?
A. Yes, off course. I have many friends into modeling and from the fashion world and whenever I get time I see one of them.
Q. Who’s your favourite fashion designer?
A. It has to be Rocky S and obviously Manish Malhotra. They are so great in their work that they completely transform a person from nothing to everything.( Laughs…)
Q. What was the costliest outfit you have ever bought?
A. Hmm…(thinks) I guess it was a saree which costed me around 25K. I have many designer sarees mostly from Satya Paul. He creates magnificent sarees. I also love collecting sarees so that I can wear them after my marriage (laughs…).
Q. Which is your favourite party wear?
A. My favourite party wear will be a short black dress.
Q. What kind of clothes comforts you the most?
A. It is for sure tracks and tank tops. Even a pair of jeans and a top will do.
Q. Any particular color you opt for while buying your clothes?
A. I love wearing shades of white. My wardrobe has a collection of all the possible colors.
Q. Any fashion tip you would like to give to our readers?
A. Nothing much. But yes I would suggest that wear anything that comforts you. Comfort should be given top priority. Anything that you wear should be good and a person should be able to carry it off well. If he can’t even a Manish Malhotra costume will look cheap on him.
– Jiya Pandit / Sampurn Media
- I think simplicity is the best fashion - Ronit Roy - Apr 22, 2009
- I am not really a brand freak - Krystle D'Souza - Apr 10, 2009
- I had bought a saree which cost me three and a half lacs - Shweta Bharadwaj - May 12, 2009
- I like wearing shorts and ganjee - Rosa Catalano - May 08, 2009
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- I like to go for bright colors - Tanisha Mukherjee - Apr 17, 2009
- New York street fashion enters India with Eucko Unltd - Aug 12, 2010
- I go for a lot of colors - Ranvijay Singh - Apr 18, 2009
- Wear whatever you are comfortable with - Tapur Chatterjee - Apr 21, 2009
- "I am not comfortable in short clothes" - Rimi Sen - Jun 20, 2009
- I like wearing simple and plain clothes - Chetan Hansraj - Apr 13, 2009
- I don't mind wearing a 100 rupees T-shirt from Fashion Street - Vikrant Massey - May 05, 2009
- Celina Jaitley unveils 'Jashn 2010 calendar' - Jan 16, 2010
- "Bipasha did not deserve it" - Nauheed Cyrusi - Jul 09, 2009
- Not mere tailors, Indian designers hit back - May 13, 2012
Tags: bandra, black dress, clothes, colors, conscious person, fashion designer, fashion tip, fashion world, marriage, meghna naidu, pair of jeans, saree, satya paul, shades, shopping, tank tops, top priority, wardrobe