I am an absolute brand baby - Neetu ChandraApril 11th, 2009 - 1:02 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Q: What is your definition of fashion?
A: I think fashion is all about being comfortable, wearing clothes that suits your body. Fashion is about how you carry yourself. One should not follow style blindly.
Q: Where do you mostly shop from?
A: I have my designers who take care of that. Anita Dongre, Rajesh and Anirban are the people behind my style. They know exactly what I am comfortable wearing and what suits my body. They are classy and different from the rest.
Q: Do you prefer any specific brands?
A: Yes, I am an absolute brand baby and prefer different brands for different outfits.
Q: Your gym wear is…
A: T-shirts, tracks and Reebok shoes. Infact, the tracks and t-shirts I use while working out are also Reebok. At times, people have actually asked me if I am endorsing Reebok.
Q. Do you go for the formal look at times?
A: I don’t like wearing formals much. I wear them only when needed. When I do, I prefer Zara, Chanel and Christian Dior.
Q: What’s your casual look?
A: A nice fitting pair of blue jeans and a plain T-shirt. I don’t like stripes. For me, jeans have to be Levis and I prefer Forever 21.
Q: What do you prefer for evening wear?
A: My casual look doubles as my evening wear.
Q: What about night wear?
A: I wear loose outfits at night. They are more comfortable. Satin pajamas, loose T- shirts and spaghettis. I even wear shorts.
Q: Do you adorn yourself with accessories?
A: I am not much of a necklace girl. I do wear small earrings, bracelets and neck-pieces as long as it goes with my dress.
Q: Which brand do you favour for footwear?
A: Chanel, Aldo, and many Indian brands. The same goes for my handbags.
Q: What are the cosmetics that you use?
A: My skin is sensitive so I mostly use Mac products. They are good. Even Loreal lip-glosses are good. I use Origin body lotions and Lan com make-up remover.
Q: Which is the latest perfume that you bought?
A: I don’t remember, but my favourites are Happy by Clinique, Davidoff Cool Water and Issey Miyake’s basic fragrance.
Q: Brands you prefer for lingerie?
A: Hmm, that’s a secret and I don’t want any one else to know about it.
Q: What colours do you think are musts in any wardrobe?
A: I am a colourful person. So I like mostly all colours, but black, lemon, white, pink, and beige are favourites.
Jiya Pandit / Sampurn Media
- "I am not comfortable in short clothes" - Rimi Sen - Jun 20, 2009
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Step up your style with splash of colours this monsoon (Lifestyle Feature) - Jul 15, 2012
- I think simplicity is the best fashion - Ronit Roy - Apr 22, 2009
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Stewart loves casual dressing - Nov 08, 2011
- Grandma my style icon: Miranda Kerr - Aug 10, 2012
- Wear whatever you are comfortable with - Tapur Chatterjee - Apr 21, 2009
- I like wearing simple and plain clothes - Chetan Hansraj - Apr 13, 2009
- I like wearing shorts and ganjee - Rosa Catalano - May 08, 2009
- I always try to cover my skin - Krystal D'souza - Mar 28, 2009
- I had got a Sherwani made for around 19,000 rupees - Amar Upadhyay - Apr 16, 2009
- I don't mind wearing a 100 rupees T-shirt from Fashion Street - Vikrant Massey - May 05, 2009
- Delhi University high on fashion on opening day - Jul 21, 2010
Tags: aldo, anirban, anita dongre, blue jeans, body fashion, body lotions, chandra, chanel, christian dior, fitting pair, gym wear, indian brands, lip glosses, loreal, mac products, neck pieces, pajamas, rajesh, reebok shoes, wate