I am a big fan of Gurudutt - Sameer KocharApril 9th, 2009 - 10:32 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Sameer Kochar has cemented his place in the glam-world of Bollywood after being nominated by Stardust for his breakthrough performance in Jannat. The actor would now be seen in Jagmohan Mundra’s Begunaah. Lets see what the actor has to say about the film and many more.
Tell us something about your new movie Begunaah?
Begunaah is action movie being directed by Jagmohan Mundra. It’s a fun filled movie and Mr.Jagmohan Mundra who usually doesn’t make commercial cinema, with this flick is experimenting with a different genre of movie. I am playing a very interesting under cover agent who has got grey shades. I got to perform a lot of stunts in this movie. There is a lot of jumping from building to building, lot of gunfiring in the movie. The star cast of the movie includes Udita Goswami, Anuj Saxena and Me, where I am playing a lead in a negative role.
You were nominated by Stardust for breakthrough performance in Jannat. So how does it feel?
It feels like you are at the top of this world when you see your name up there and they say the nominees are and your name is being called out. It’s an out of the world feeling. I think it’s about your destiny and your choice of the right kind of roles. I have also been very fortunate to have worked with the producers like Vishesh films and Bhatt sir and Mukesh sir have done a wonderful job in my career as they have guided me a lot.
You started your career as an anchor so what made you take up acting? Which one do you enjoy more?
I always wanted to act. It’s just that I was blessed with doing a show like Dangerous which was my first show and it’s very risky kind of show which talks about sex on national television. I think anchoring is a different medium as for being an actor it is not very easy to adjust and to do anchoring and acting at the same time. But I really enjoy doing it.
Which is your dream role and dream director?
I am a big fan of Gurudutt and love the films and roles which he has done and I love Raj Kapoor as a film maker and actor. I have been recently watching his films and I thought that he was a fantastic film maker. In today’s generation also we have such fabulous directors like Ashutosh Gowarikar, Anurag Kashyap,Anurag Basu ,Sanjay Bhansali, etc. They are all great directors and a complete source of inspiration for the actors as they give such a big platform to an actor to perform.
What preparations you are going through for IPL second season as you are hosting it for the second time?
Once again I am going back into the whole loop of handling myself live on the national television. Last year the IPL matches were held in our own country but this year it’s being held abroad so it’s going to be 100%veiwership on television this year and it makes me a little more excited. I think its going to be fun to host it.
Tell us about your upcoming projects?
Right now I am just focusing on IPL. I have signed few films but I think it’s not the right time to talk about them .I am doing film Begunaah as I said and also I am starting with a new film Good Morning Zindagi, which is a beautiful film with a lovely concept .
– Shruti Didwaniya / Sampurn Media
- Ready to shed clothes if role demands it: Jacqueline - Jan 28, 2011
- I'm moving at my own pace, says actor Ali Fazal - Jul 22, 2012
- Liplock not bold anymore: Kunal Deshmukh - May 03, 2012
- More than awards, Ranbir wants lot of people to see 'Barfi!' - Sep 13, 2012
- For Anurag, performance more important than looks: Huma Qureshi - Jun 14, 2012
- Emraan hopes 'Jannat 2' to be musical success - Mar 23, 2012
- Filmmaker Jagmohan Mundhra dies of cardiac arrest - Sep 04, 2011
- Randeep sidelined from 'Jannat 2' promos - Apr 25, 2012
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- Gained nine to 10 kg for 'Shanghai': Emraan Hashmi - May 07, 2012
- Esha Gupta goes de-glam to play cop in 'Chakravyuh' - May 09, 2012
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
- Arif Zakaria to play cop in 'Jannat 2' (With Images) - Jan 13, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor calls 'Doga' his ambitious project - Dec 29, 2011
- "Patang" is totally unique: Seema Biswas (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: anchor, being an actor, bollywood, breakthrough performance, building lot, commercial cinema, destiny, dream role, flick, grey shades, mukesh, mundra, national television, producers, sameer, saxena, stardust, stunts, udita goswami, vishesh films