‘I Am 24′ inspired by ‘bald’ Saurabh Shukla’s life (With Images)August 2nd, 2012 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) Saurabh Shukla’s new film “I Am 24″ narrates the story of a balding writer, who falls in love with a woman over internet, and their meeting thereafter. The bald actor-director says the story was easy to write as it is based on his real life experience.
Shukla too had a pen-friend while he was pursuing theatre in Delhi. Once the girl dropped in the city and called him to meet, and she was in shock to see a bald man.
“I lost my hair when I was quite young and I had a pen-friend who never saw me. The premise of my film is very much similar. On the brighter side, my experience gave me a lot to write,” Shukla said in a statement.
“I Am 24″, releasing Aug 31, features Rajat Kapoor, Ranvir Shorey, Neha Dhupia and Manjari Phadnis. The film tells what happens when the lady decides to meet the balding writer and finds him nothing like she had imagined.
But baldness is not a matter of major concern, says Shukla.
“We all have different kinds of inferiority complexes - some economic and some physical. Most of the time, we end up lying because of it. We start hiding them and it sets out a chain of events.”
“My film is about truth and love. Besides, baldness doesn’t matter. Otherwise, all bald guys would have stayed unmarried,” he said.
Rajat plays the bald man in the movie.
- 'I M 24' - an internet rom-com worth a watch (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- Box office offers mix bag this Friday (IANS preview) - Aug 29, 2012
- Rajat Kapoor refuses to go bald, again (With Images) - May 16, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- Saurabh Shukla defends adult content in films - Aug 10, 2012
- Rajat Kapoor to play balding lover in new film - Oct 23, 2009
- Been there, done that: Ranvir Shorey in Raat Gayi Baat Gayi - Dec 17, 2009
- 'Our cinema is creating literature for India' - Dec 12, 2011
- Pappu won't write Saala: Saurabh Shukla hates writing - Dec 18, 2009
- Not satisfied but am happy: Ranvir Shorey - Apr 04, 2012
- Saurabh Shukla's next a commercial entertainer - Nov 01, 2011
- Making commercial films not Saurabh Shukla's forte - Sep 13, 2012
- Vinay, Neha to perform live at 'Pappu...' music launch - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Pappu...' a case of opposites attract (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Dec 16, 2011
- I share great equation with Saurabh: Vinay Pathak - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: aug 2, bald guys, bald man, baldness, brighter side, different kinds, images, inferiority complexes, life experience, manjari, neha dhupia, New Delhi, new film, pen friend, premise, rajat kapoor, ranvir shorey, saurabh shukla, shock, truth