“I always wanted a peaceful relationship with Anu Malik” - Satish KaushikApril 30th, 2009 - 11:55 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
Film maker Satish Kaushik is relieved that music director Anu Malik has withdrawn case against his film ‘Teree Sang’. Now he would be able to retain the two songs that Anu Malik had composed for this ‘kidult love story’ (as the makers wish to call it) starring Ruslaan Mumtaz and newcomer Sheena Shahabadi.
Earlier this month, Anu Malik was miffed with the ‘Karzzzz’ director for bringing in a new composer duo of Sachin and Jigar even though the music of ‘Teree Sang’ had already been composed with song picturisation completed. However, Satish Kaushik wasn’t happy with the final results and decided to get new tunes (barring a couple of them featuring the voice of Anu Malik’s daughter Anmol Malik) created for his home production. Though Anu Malik gave him a go ahead, he had a change of mind later and filed a case against the usage of even those two songs in the film.
“All is well that ends well”, says Satish Kaushik with a sigh of relief, “The good news now is that Anu Malik has withdrawn the case. It’s nice for everyone involved with the project. He himself called up and said that he didn’t have any more issues with me, my film or the music. I am very happy and thrilled.”
However, this wasn’t quite the case earlier this month when Satish Kaushik was disheartened after seeing the legal notice. He had exclaimed that he could never imagine Anu Malik doing so as he was a family friend first and then a colleague for over two decades.
“I was shocked because even with people who are absolute acquaintances, I have never got into any battles. I like to have a peaceful relationship with the people I work with. Of course I was disappointed when Anu Malik resorted to a court battle”, agrees Satish Kaushik.
Eventually, it was friendship that won over everything else and Anu Malik allowed bygones to be bygones.
“Our friendship couldn’t have been restricted to legal boundaries”, says Satish in an ecstatic tone, “This was a misunderstanding and I am glad that it has been solved. Anu Malik doesn’t want his name to be used for the film’s publicity and also on the album credits, he wants a ‘Thanks’ note rather than being credited as a composed. Fair enough, it is going to be like that only. I have absolutely no issues with that.”
Thankfully the issue didn’t involve much mud slinging and was handled with maturity.
“Aisa ho bhi nahi sakta tha”, says Satish firmly, “Anmol is a ‘ghar ki bachchi’. Even I wouldn’t have allowed her name to be dragged on because of such matters. She has a great future ahead and the two songs that she has sung for the film are fabulous. I am sure we will be doing some very good work in years to come.”
Also starring Satish Kaushik himself along with Sushmita Mukherjee, Rajat Kapoor, Neena Gupta and Anupam Kher (in a special appearance), ‘Teree Sang’ was earlier aiming for a 5th June release. However, with no clarity around resolution on producers v/s multiplexes stand off, the date would certainly be going through a change. -Sampurn Media
- Satish Kaushik, Anu Malik patch up - Apr 29, 2009
- Satish Kaushik hurt as Anu Malik sends legal notice - Apr 11, 2009
- Music launch of "Teree Sang-A Kidult Love Story" celebrated with a party - Jul 17, 2009
- Anu Malik's daughter graduates to songwriting - Oct 06, 2011
- Legendary Lata not ready to call it quits - Jun 05, 2011
- Movie Review: Teree Sang (2009) - Aug 07, 2009
- Satish Kaushik wants Salman for 'Pithamagan' Hindi remake - May 15, 2012
- Dhanush special guest on 'Star Ya Rockstar' finale - Dec 07, 2011
- 'Teree Sang' not a remake of 'Juno': Satish Kaushik - Jul 23, 2009
- 'Character dhila hai' a copy of my song: Anu Malik - Apr 26, 2011
- 'Bathroom singer' Akshay flatters girls with 'Bheege honth' - Mar 27, 2012
- Sri Devi's sweet gesture to Satish Kaushik - Jul 28, 2009
- We have issues with Kangana: producer - Sep 14, 2011
- 'Yeh Jo Mohabbat hai' a modern love story: Ashim Samanta - Jun 21, 2012
- "I have no take on homosexuality"- Ruslaan Mumtaz - Jul 10, 2009
Tags: anu malik, colleague, decades, family friend, film maker, friendship, joginder, legal boundaries, love story, mumtaz, music director, newcomer, peaceful relationship, sachin, satish kaushik, sheena, sigh of relief, tunes, two songs