Husband against autopsy on BrittanyDecember 22nd, 2009 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 22 (IANS) British screenwriter Simon Monjack has urged officials not to hold an autopsy into the sudden death by cardiac arrest of his wife, 32-year-old Hollywood star Brittany Murphy.
Monjack said he did not want a full post-mortem but was quickly overruled by coroners, reported the newspaper website thesun.co.uk.
Brittany died of heart attack Sunday in Los Angeles. A senior police source said the investigation will focus on “overdose scenarios”.
Coroner Ed Winter said her death appeared to be “natural”. But the probe will be kept open until toxicology reports are completed - which could take six weeks.
Friends are concerned that Brittany, who acted in films like “Sin City”, “8 Mile”, “Girl Interrupted”, “Clueless” and “Just Married”, became a user of prescription drug Vicodin, which Michael Jackson had also taken.
As cops probed Brittany’s death, some unsavoury details of Monjack’s past have emerged.
He was reportedly arrested by immigration officials in April 2007 after over staying his visa. A month later he married Brittany and was forced to deny hurtful rumours that the wedding was arranged to avoid deportation.
Later, Monjack, who has a writing credit on Sienna Miller starrer “Factory Girl”, faced a series of financial problems. A judgment for 293,000 pounds was made against him in 2006 by Coutts & Company, the Queen’s bankers.
A year earlier he was booted out of his New York flat for failing to pay more than 5,000 pounds in rent. Even after he married Brittany in 2007, he was in court again - in a 30,000 pounds dispute over a divorce settlement with ex-wife Simone Bienne.
Brittany, who had Type 2 diabetes and a thyroid condition, had been unwell for several days before her death.
She was said to have been taking prescription drugs for “flu-like” symptoms.
She was found unconscious in the shower at her Los Angeles home by her mother Sharon and was pronounced dead two hours later.
- Brittany Murphy's Husband, Simon Monjack, Found Dead - May 25, 2010
- Simon Monjack Follows Wife Brittany To Grave 5 Months Later - May 24, 2010
- Simon Monjack's death similar to wife Brittany Murphy's - Jul 22, 2010
- Coroner: Brittany Murphy's death caused by pneumonia and drug intoxication - Feb 05, 2010
- Who is Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack? - Dec 23, 2009
- Coroner: Brittany Murphy and husband Simon Monjack died of the same causes - Jul 23, 2010
- Simon Monjack Death Similar To Brittany Murphy's - Jul 23, 2010
- Brittany Murphy died of pneumonia - Feb 05, 2010
- Like wife, Simon Monjack died of acute pneumonia - Jul 23, 2010
- No foul play in death of Brittany's husband, say cops - May 25, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's autopsy to be carried out, despite husband's wishes - Dec 21, 2009
- Coroner States Simon Monjack Died of Pneumonia Just Like Brittany Murphy - Jul 23, 2010
- Brittany Murphy 'used aliases to buy drugs' - Mar 20, 2010
- Family: Brittany Murphy was sick before her death on Sunday - Dec 22, 2009
- 'Brittany Murphy killed by drugs just like MJ' - Dec 21, 2009
Tags: bienne, brittany murphy, cardiac arrest, divorce settlement, factory girl, flu like symptoms, girl interrupted, hollywood star, immigration officials, mother sharon, old hollywood, police source, post mortem, prescription drugs, sienna miller, simon monjack, thesun, thyroid condition, toxicology reports, type 2 diabetes