Hurley blames Indian media for splitDecember 23rd, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 23 (IANS) Elizabeth Hurley is miffed. After losing out on both her Indian husband Arun Nayar and estranged beau Shane Warne, the model-actress has ranted her anger at the Indian media for running gossip mills fulltime that led to her devastated marriage. Though her affair was first reported in the British dailies, Liz, as she is fondly called by her fans and in media, is red with fury that the Indian journo’s “fictional” stories about her have left her empty-handed.
“The Indian press has to take top marks for fiction,” she tweeted.
Having realised that the Australian spinner, infamous for his philandering ways, was two-timing her by sending racy texts to another woman, the 45-year-old Liz dumped him and begged for forgiveness from her Indian textile tycoon husband.
Nayar, 46, who tied the knot with Liz in India three years ago amidst great pomp and show, on the other hand, is determined to call it splits for good with a quick divorce.
He was recently even spotted kissing a mystery woman in public as they left the posh Scott’s restaurant in Mayfair, West London. And taking her hubby’s side, the fallen wife has now tweeted: “Sorry to rain on your parade Gossip Press, but Arun’s ‘mystery brunette’ is his brother’s wife (sic).”
The “Bedazzled” actress had earlier confirmed the break-up of her marriage with Nayar after being caught red-handed canoodling Warne, 41, at a restaurant here. They were later said to have spent two nights together in a London hotel.
Soon after, she put out a statement on Twitter that she and Nayar had separated “months before” her affair became public. But she didn’t forget to keep a door open for herself at the Nayar’s by praising her husband’s bonding with her son Damian.
“Painful, sad days. Arun and I separated for private reasons but FTR (for the record) he has been a great father to our son Damian and will always be in his life.(sic),” she had posted.
She also took a turn later and slammed the divorce speculations brewing in the media.
“Bored now of silly speculations: no one is divorcing anyone yet, no one is fighting over money and I have no plans to go to Australia. Enough!” she had tweeted.
- Elizabeth Hurley gets divorce from Arun Nayar - Jun 16, 2011
- Hurley begs Nayar for forgiveness - Dec 20, 2010
- Arun is a great father: Hurley - Dec 15, 2010
- Liz Hurley Slams Indian Media: Shane Warne Ruffles Her Feathers - Dec 24, 2010
- Liz Hurley calls Arun Nayar a 'great father' post split - Dec 15, 2010
- Hugh Grant Still Special For Liz Hurley - May 18, 2010
- Hurley blasts divorce speculation - Dec 18, 2010
- Liz Hurley puts marital woes on hold to get into Christmas spirit with son - Dec 19, 2010
- Elizabeth Hurley Engages In PDAs With Shane Warne - Dec 13, 2010
- Hurley, Warne flirting online - Jan 02, 2011
- Liz Hurley turns Twitter 'addict' - Aug 18, 2010
- Liz Hurley split from hubby 'a few months ago' - Dec 13, 2010
- Elizabeth Hurley 'bored' of divorce speculation - Dec 17, 2010
- Hugh Grant 's secret visit to Liz Hurley's house - Dec 18, 2010
- Hurley coping well with divorce from Nayar - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: british dailies, canoodling, elizabeth hurley, ftr, fulltime, gossip mills, hubby, indian textile, journo, london hotel, mayfair west, model actress, mystery woman, nayar, pomp, private reasons, quick divorce, sad days, twitter, west london