Hurley angers pastor after swappingNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:23 am ICT by admin
And to make matters worse, the cushions have been allocated to a chapel inside a private estate owned by Hurley’s aristocratic friend.
Reverend John Partington of Gloucestershire blessed Hurley and Nayar after they were officially married in a civil ceremony in March in the parish’s St Marys chapel.
Church treasurer Sue Williams insisted the model-actress had been told it was normal practice to make a donation and admitted that everyone at the chapel was “disgusted” that Hurley had not paid after seven months.
“We were expecting a cash payment which we could have used for some urgent work to be done in our main church. Even the not well-off make a donation. It’s normally a few hundred pounds,” the Daily Mail quoted Sue, as saying.
“We hoped that her goodwill would be forthcoming with cash. But it hasn’t been. It strikes me as rather mean especially as I understand most of the wedding was paid for by a magazine,” she added.
A spokesman for Hurley said that she would be sending 12 luxury hand-stitched kneelers for the chapel, but a parish source said they were not needed.
“It has left a bad taste in our mouths. St Mary’s Church at Sudeley Castle rarely gets used and already has sufficient kneelers. Cash would have been better,” the source said.
However, Reverend Partington took a more diplomatic line and estimated that the cost of commissioning the 12 kneelers would be in the region of 1,000 pounds.
“We are very grateful for the kneelers, and I’m sure they will look lovely when they arrive. The chapel is only used three or four times a year, but I’m sure there are people who will want to kneel there,” he said. (ANI)
- Now, any UK couple can wed in church where Liz Hurley tied the knot - Jul 14, 2010
- Hurley coping well with divorce from Nayar - Apr 14, 2011
- Liz Hurleys promised kneelers yet to arrive at church - Jan 16, 2008
- Vicar banned from flying Jesus flag - because it advertises Christianity! - May 01, 2010
- UK Police probing migration racket behind 360 sham marriages - Jul 30, 2010
- 'Sex mad' vicar who prayed after sex with lover banned from church in UK - Feb 09, 2010
- Warne to propose to Hurley? - Sep 26, 2011
- Dog 'christened' in lavish church ceremony - Nov 21, 2010
- We aren't making plans to marry: Hurley - Oct 17, 2011
- Geri Halliwell to tie the knot? - Jan 14, 2010
- Vicar in UK sparks fury after dressing up as tart for party - Nov 18, 2010
- Arun Nayar spotted with mystery blonde - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Repentant' Manu Sharma donates Rs.5 mn to Missionaries of Charity - Dec 25, 2011
- Britain's vicars get tips to detect fake weddings - Apr 12, 2011
- Vicar slams UK council's ban on strippers, lap dancers and sex shops - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: cash payment, chapel church, church treasurer, civil ceremony, goodwill, have been allocated, hurley and nayar, kneeler cushions, kneelers, luxury hand, mail, model actress, private estate, reverend john, sudeley castle, sue williams