‘Humphrey Bogart bedded 1000 women despite gay fears’, claims tell-allSeptember 27th, 2010 - 4:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 27 (ANI): Screen legend Humphrey Bogart, bedded nearly 1000 women, but still feared he might be gay, it has emerged.
Bogart had three unhappy marriages before he met the love of his life, Lauren Bacall, whom he married in 1945.
The extraordinary claim is made in a new biography ‘Humphrey Bogart, the Making of a Legend,’ due out next month, reports the Daily Mail.
It is based on unpublished memoirs and interviews with some of the actor’s contemporaries
Darwin Porter, a journalist who worked in Hollywood in the 1960s, has written the book.
He ran away to Broadway, where during the 1920s he found fame and fortune - and began his incredible catalogue of sexual conquests.
“When Broadway had around 120 theatres, there were four actresses for every available actor. No one has estimated this before, but it’s likely Bogart slept with 1000 women, mostly at this time,” said Porter.
Joan Blondell, an on-off girlfriend of Bogart’s, said: “The zipper was invented in 1926. Bogie demanded one be sewed into all of his pants - sex was a lot faster that way.” (ANI)
- DiCaprio, Winslet top onscreen romantic couple - Mar 24, 2011
- Lauren Bacall dated Frank Sinatra? - May 10, 2009
- Winslet, DiCaprio 'most romantic onscreen couple in cinema history' - Mar 23, 2011
- Lauren Bacall lands honorary Oscar - Nov 16, 2009
- Nobody scrutinised Humphrey Bogart: Hasselhoff says of his alcohol addiction - Apr 24, 2010
- Michael Caine thrilled to play hero Humphrey Bogart's rejected role - Apr 02, 2009
- Lauren's still on top - Sep 14, 2009
- Viven Leigh was a 'slutty bisexual', claims tell-all book - Aug 23, 2010
- Lauren Bacall says classic horror-flicks better than 'Twilight' - Aug 27, 2009
- Broderick to return with Broadway musical - Jun 18, 2011
- Janet Jackson Poses For Blackglama & Fuels Fur Controversy - Jul 31, 2010
- Tendulkar's blood used to prepare special edition of his biography - Jul 20, 2010
- Jude Law returns to Broadway - Sep 06, 2011
- 1951 classic 'The African Queen' lands on DVD - Mar 22, 2010
- Hugh Jackman to make 'Broadway' comeback - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: 1920s, 1960s, actresses, bogie, broadway, contemporaries, daily mail, darwin porter, fame and fortune, girlfriend, humphrey bogart, joan blondell, journalist, lauren bacall, new biography, screen legend, sexual conquests, unhappy marriages, unpublished memoirs, zipper