Hugh Laurie’s marriage strained by Hollywood careerApril 20th, 2010 - 9:17 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
April 20, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): English actor Hugh Laurie who plays the role of Dr Gregory House in the TV series house recently said that his successful Hollywood career has put pressure on his marriage of twenty one years with wife Jo Green. Laurie is the second highest paid actor on television earning £240,000 per episode.
For the first time he spoke comprehensively about his personal life and admitted that his successful career had taken toll on his marriage. The actor revealed that, while the show has been a hit all over the world, he and his wife, who lives in London, are not handling the distance well.
House which is in its sixth season started in 2004. Laurie and wife Green decided against moving to Los Angeles as a family, because they did not believe one role should be such a major disruption in their and their kids’ lives. Since then, Laurie has been dividing his time between Hollywood and London, but the distance has been taking a serious toll on the marriage.
Laurie said that doing weekly TV is like joining the Navy and going on the other side of the world for ten months of the year but he added that he does not want to complain because life does have a certain way of throwing the good with the bad.
Laurie first reached fame as one half of the Fry and Laurie double act, along with his friend and comedy partner Stephen Fry, whom he joined in the cast of Blackadder and Jeeves and Wooster from 1987 until 1999. His role in House earned him two Golden Globe awards and several Emmy nominations.
–Kritika Shekhar / Sampurn Wire
- House series ends to a befitting finale - May 22, 2012
- 'M*A*S*H' star Harry Morgan dies in California - Dec 08, 2011
- Robert Pattinson unsure about acting - Apr 24, 2010
- Brian Austin Green is madly in Love with Megan Fox - Sep 17, 2010
- Meryl Streep And Jane Pauley ‘Indiana University’ Chat Goes Online - Dec 08, 2010
- Matt Damon Happy To Be A Father Again! - Oct 13, 2010
- Seth Green marries Clare Grant - May 04, 2010
- "House" Famed Actor Hugh Laurie Goes Blues This Summer - Jul 27, 2010
- Halle Berry breaks up with boyfriend Gabriel Aubry - May 03, 2010
- TV actor Barun Sobti Gets Married! - Dec 18, 2010
- Westwood triumphs at Thailand golf, Jeev finishes tied seventh - Dec 18, 2011
- Corey Haim Died a Natural Death - May 05, 2010
- Ranvir-Vinay in an Indianised 'Ocean's 11' - May 15, 2011
- Bollywood more professional, but sans soul: Annu Kapoor - Apr 17, 2012
- Jeeva Becomes A Father! - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: blackadder, disruption, double act, dr gregory, emmy nominations, english actor, fry and laurie, golden globe awards, highest paid actor, hollywood career, hugh laurie, jeeves and wooster, joining the navy, months of the year, personal life, sixth season, stephen fry, tv series, twenty one years, well house