Hugh Jackman’s wife preferred him to Mick JaggerApril 6th, 2009 - 4:14 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 6 (ANI): Aussie actor Hugh Jackman has revealed that his wife Deborra-Lee Furness turned down the chance to party with Brit singer Mick Jagger, and chose to be with him instead, during their courting days.
It happened in 1995 when he had invited Furness, who was starring alongside him in the ABC drama Correlli, to his house for a dinner party.
“She’s very cool. I had a huge crush on her,” the Courier Mail quoted Jackman as telling London’s Mail.
“I decided to have a dinner party and invite her with about 10 people. I made pumpkin soup, snapper and crepes suzette flambe — that was my ‘how to impress a girl’ menu.
“But before the crepes, Deb’s mobile phone rings.
“It’s a very famous friend of hers who says, ‘Deb, I’m outside Hugh’s house in a limo with Mick Jagger and Mick says, ‘Come down, let’s party’,” he said.
Jackman tried to encourage Furness to take up the offer, but she refused and stayed put at his house.
“Here’s Mick Jagger outside my house on Beaconsfield Pde in Melbourne. I say, ‘What are you doing here? Go with Mick’,” Jackman told Furness.
“But she gets on the phone, says, ‘You tell Mick I’m having dinner with Hugh Jackman,’ and hangs up.
“I went, ‘Wow, that’s pretty cool.’ So I confessed my crush — and then she said she had a crush on me, too,” he added. (ANI)
- Deborra-Lee Furness is first star to be celebrated on 'This is Your Life' - Feb 22, 2011
- Lilly a good kisser: Hugh Jackman - Sep 30, 2011
- Hugh Jackman's son finds him embarrassing - Sep 05, 2011
- Bon Jovi to perform for Oprah's guests - Nov 22, 2010
- Hugh Jackman continues training despite injuries - Dec 30, 2010
- Hugh Jackman walks in his sleep - Apr 30, 2011
- Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz get 'hot and heavy' on Valentine's Day - Feb 16, 2011
- Hugh Jackman says his love for wifey grows everyday - Apr 14, 2009
- Is Hugh Jackman house hunting in Melbourne? - Jan 01, 2011
- Sexiest star Hugh Jackman is one woman man - Apr 13, 2009
- Shah Rukh, Hugh Jackman's 'Dhak Dhak' moment - Mar 25, 2011
- Hugh Jackman house hunting in Melbourne - Jan 02, 2011
- Jackman urges fans to donate for Africa famine relief - Sep 03, 2011
- Hugh Jackman named 2008''s Sexiest Man Alive - Nov 20, 2008
- Hugh Jackman to appear on kids' TV program Sesame Street - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: abc drama, actor hugh jackman, brit, courier mail, deb, dinner party, flambe, furness, how to impress a girl, hugh jackman, limo, london, melbourne, mick jagger, mobile phone rings, pde, pumpkin soup, singer mick jagger, snapper