Hugh Jackman to fight with samurai in ‘Wolverine’ sequelMay 5th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 5 (ANI): The makers of ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ have announced a sequel to the Fox movie, in which lead actor Hugh Jackman will be seen fighting with samurai.
Jackman will reprise his role as the adamantium-clawed mutant in a sequel set in Japan, which was announced after the first movie took a massive 87 million dollars in its opening weekend in the US.
Seed Productions will oversee production of a sequel based on the popular samurai and Yakuza storyline seen in the original Marvel comic books, an arc Jackman recently confirmed he was keen to explore.
“I won’t lie to you, I have been talking to writers,” Contactmusic quoted Jackman as telling MTV before the release of ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’.
“I’m a big fan of the Japanese saga in the comic book. I love the idea of this anarchic character - the outsider - being in this world.
“I can see it aesthetically, too, full of honour and tradition and customs, and someone who’s really anti all of that, trying to negotiate his way,” he added.
The Japanese storyline of the next ‘Wolverine’ film was hinted at he closing credits of the comic-book prequel.
And the new film would see the mutant training in the way of the samurai in a bid to control his primal urges and falling in love with Mariko Yashida, heir to a Yakuza family. (ANI)
- Sequel to 'Wolverine' announced - May 06, 2009
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors in October: Jackman - Jul 01, 2011
- Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movie - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Backs Out From Avon Man For X-Men Sequel - Aug 20, 2010
- Top 10 Hollywood movies India fell for (Flashback 2009) - Dec 19, 2009
- 'X-Men' packs a punch in opening week, earns Rs.14.5 crore - Jun 16, 2011
- Hugh Jackman not giving up on his second 'Wolverine' movie - Mar 31, 2011
- Free screening of 'Wolverine' in Delhi - Jun 16, 2009
- Hugh Jackman pulls out of girlie role to bulk up for Wolverine - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Wolverine', 'Avatar' sequels 'put on hold' after Japan disaster - Mar 23, 2011
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Halle Berry hopes for 'X-Men' return - May 03, 2009
- Jackman arrives on a helicopter for X-Men promotions - Apr 09, 2009
- Hugh Jackman Is Undergoing A Diet Worth 6000 Calories For The Upcoming Chapter Of His Movie, 'Wolverine' - Feb 04, 2011
- Huge Jackman's X-Men spin-off titled 'The Wolverine' - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: actor hugh jackman, adamantium, comic book, heir, honour, hugh jackman, marvel comic books, million dollars, mtv, new film, origins, outsider, prequel, primal urges, saga, sequel, us seed, way of the samurai, wolverine, x men