Hugh Jackman reveals workout regime for ‘X-Men Origins’April 9th, 2009 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
London, April 8 (IANS) Austalian actor Hugh Jackman has disclosed the strenuous workout regime he had to undergo for his role in the upcoming “X-Men” movie “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”.
The Daily Mail online reports, the actor also said he had to put on 15 pounds of muscle for the clawed superhero.
“I wanted audiences to say, ‘this guy could easily rip someone’s head off.’ What I realised is that how you look is 30 percent how you train and 70 percent how you eat,” said the forty-year-old.
“It means waking up at 4 a.m. and eating egg whites, and then every three hours after that eating chicken or salmon, boringly steamed with vegetables and brown rice. Then no more carbohydrates after lunch and 4,000 calories in total,” he added.
Jackman was on Cockatoo Island in Sydney Harbour, Australia, for the world promotional tour of the film.
“X-Men Origins: Wolverin”" focuses on the beginnings of Jackman’s character. It is scheduled to release in Britain April 29.
- Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movie - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman not giving up on his second 'Wolverine' movie - Mar 31, 2011
- Hugh Jackman 'eating 6,000 calories a day' for new 'Wolverine' film - Feb 04, 2011
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Goes On 6,000 Calorie Diet Each Day For Wolverine Role - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Is Undergoing A Diet Worth 6000 Calories For The Upcoming Chapter Of His Movie, 'Wolverine' - Feb 04, 2011
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors in October: Jackman - Jul 01, 2011
- 'Wolverine', 'Avatar' sequels 'put on hold' after Japan disaster - Mar 23, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Backs Out From Avon Man For X-Men Sequel - Aug 20, 2010
- Jackman all praises for new 'Wolverine' film - Oct 08, 2011
- Hugh Jackman thought of himself as 'Wolverine' in gym to get new hot-bod - May 06, 2009
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors next year - Aug 27, 2011
- Jackman's son wishes dad wasn't famous - Jun 16, 2012
- Hugh Jackman pulls out of girlie role to bulk up for Wolverine - Aug 18, 2010
- Jackman was first choice to play Jack Sparrow - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: actor hugh jackman, april 29, audiences, brown rice, calories, carbohydrates, cockatoo island, daily mail, egg whites, film x, hugh jackman, origins, salmon, strenuous workout, superhero, sydney harbour australia, wolverin, wolverine, workout regime, x men